Welcome spring with a burst of color in this Quilled Rainbow Craft, perfect for St Patrick’s Day! Makes a lovely spring theme wall art for kids’ rooms.
It’s amazing how a festival of a certain country soon gets adopted around the world, isn’t it? There are so many festivals like that, but you wonder if any festival has had the kind of impact enjoyed by St Patrick’s Day!
St Patrick’s Day is an Irish festival in honor of the patron saint of Ireland, St Patrick. However, the festival is so popular today, that as soon as mid-March arrives, you’ll find stores across the world decked up in green, with leprechauns and pots of gold appearing everywhere!
Speaking of pots of gold, you know that you need to reach the end of the rainbow to find it. And since we want to help you find that elusive pot, we’ve come to you with a quilled Rainbow craft for St Patrick’s Day, which also makes a great spring-themed wall decor idea!
Quilled Rainbow Craft for St Patrick’s Day
List of Supplies:
- Quilling paper strips – in rainbow colors and white
- White stationary paper
- Craft glue
- Slotted quilling tool
Instructions to make the Quilled Rainbow Craft for St Patrick’s Day:
1. We’ll do this project in two parts – making the coils and assembling them. You need only loose coils for this craft.
2. Take a 6″ quilling strip and use the slotted quilling tool to coil the entire strip. Push the coiled strip out of the tool and allow the coil to loosen up. You can keep the open end as it is or you can also apply glue to close the open end.
3. Similarly create a bunch of loose coils for all colors of the rainbow.
4. Cut out 2 cloud patterns from white craft paper or stationary paper. Use white quilling strips to create loose coils. Use 6 inches and 12 inches white quilling strips for the cloud patterns. Keep the ends of the coils open.
5. Take a cloud cut out and apply glue along any one of its curved edges; also create a twirl with the glue inwards. Place a white loose coil on this part, keeping the open end of the coil along the edge of the cloud and the center part of the cloud inwards.
6. Glue the rest of the white loose coils to fill the cloud cut out. Similarly prepare another cloud pattern.
7. Get a sheet of blue paper for the sky background and glue the 2 cloud patterns on it leaving enough space between the clouds for the rainbow.
8. Start with the purple colored loose coils and simply glue the coils in a curved line from one cloud to the other.
9. One by one glue the rest of the colors.
10. Once you are done creating the rainbow pattern allow the glue to dry. You may add more details if you want to.
Isn’t this an instant lift-me-up? Doesn’t matter how cold or cloudy it is where you live, one look at this bright craft will perk you up right away! So go ahead and search for your pot of gold at the end of you rainbow – you deserve it!