Turn trash into unbelievably beautiful blooms with this recycled egg carton flower craft! Make a bunch with cupcake liners in different colors and sizes.
Making sure your pantry always has enough eggs is a good thing. For one, you’re always ready to prepare a simple meal – scrambled eggs, omelette or just pancakes. And secondly, all those egg cartons can be turned into some cool stuff!
We believe that pretty much everything can be reused, recycled or upcycled. It may be because they’re hardy enough or because of their shape, but you can do all that with egg cartons! You can turn them into pretty egg carton daffodils or some cute egg carton mushrooms.
Today, we’ve taken our egg cartons and turned them into beautiful blooms with this recycled egg carton flower craft. They’re so bright and colorful, you’ll want to make a whole bunch!
Recycled Egg Carton Flower Craft
- Egg carton (you can also use a drink carrier)
- Cupcake Liners (regular and mini)
- Paper Straws
- Paint Brush
How to make a Recycled Egg Carton Flower Craft:
1. Cut out the center of the egg carton/drink carrier. This step is a little difficult, so an adult will need to help.
2. Paint the egg carton pieces in bright colors and let them dry completely.
3. Let’s move on to the cupcake liners! Flatten out the regular and mini sized cupcake liners and then fold in half.
4. Fold the liners a 3rd and 4th time.
5. Cut out a curve on each liner, so that each one is a little smaller than the next, as shown in the image below.
6. Open up the folded liners and press flat. You’ll now have many pretty flower shapes in different colors and sizes.
7. Glue the regular sized liner onto the back of the egg carton.
8. Glue the mini sized liners on the inside of the drink carrier pieces, placing the smaller one inside the larger one.
9. Glue a button into the center of the inner flowers. Repeat the steps above until you have as many flowers as you need.
10. Assembly time! Choose a brightly colored card stock for the background. Stick a green paper straw on the background and glue the flower on top of it.
11. Stick on more flowers in the same way. Cut out leaves from green cupcake liners and glue on the side or behind the paper straws.
Your recycled egg carton flower craft is complete!
This is such an easy craft, even little kids can make it with some adult supervision. The tough parts are cutting out the egg carton and getting the flower shapes right. This would make a great craft for spring, summer, Valentine’s Day or Teacher’s Day. It would also work excellently as a Mother’s Day craft for kids to make in the classroom and bring home to Mom. I can just imagine the look on Mom’s face when she sees these pretty flowers!