Velvety Scrambled Egg Pasta with Cheese & Chives
Pasta is a favorite at home and Miss P will have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I especially like this dish for its really quick and a healthier take on the standard Mac & Cheese.
It’s so easy to open a packet of ready to cook cheese pasta that kids love! My kid likes it, but there’s nothing real in that box. I hate feeding it to my kid and I dare say that you hate it too.
But I can guarantee you will love this quick version that’s filled with extra goodness.
Scrambled Egg Pasta with Cheese & Chives
- Healthy whole wheat macaroni – 1 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheese – 1 1/2 cup
- 3 Eggs
- Butter unsalted – 3 tablespoon
- Dry red chilly flakes – optional
- 1 large onion chopped
- Italian spice mix – according to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh garlic 3 cloves or garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Boil water in a large pan with 3 – 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Once the water starts boiling add the macaroni pasta to it & cover with a lid.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the pasta when it’s done.
- Add the chopped onions & garlic and saute till light brown.
- Break the eggs and mix with the onions.
- Add the milk slowly, followed by salt , Italian seasoning, chilli flakes, and pepper.
- Stir continuously on a low to medium flame until the eggs are scrambled and cooked.
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. reduce the heat.
- When the pasta is completely cooked, drain it and add to the sauce.
- Garnish with salt, pepper & freshly cut chives.
Thanks for featuring my space, am soo happy..
Hey this is exactly what I needed! Nikki used to love her omelettes but of late she just doesn’t want to have anything to do with eggs. Will try these out. Thanks for sharing 🙂