“A boat is like a magic world, like a little island” – Renzo Piano
Have you ever sailed a boat? I’ve been on boats on lakes, but I have never really sailed one. Being out in the middle of the water with no one to bug you does have its benefits!
So today, we’re going to make a little boat of our own, with this Rocking Boat Paper Craft. This is a craft that’ll give the term ‘rock the boat’ a whole new meaning!
Rocking Boat Paper Craft
- Craft Paper in different colors – Orange, Green and Navy Blue [ buy Pacon Tru-Ray Construction Paper, 9-Inches by 12-Inches, 50-Count, Assorted (103031)]
- Corrugated paper in Black and Red
- A Small Bowl
- Pink Chalk Marker
- Scissors and
- Glue stick
Check out the video to see exactly how this rocking boat paper craft is made. For more information, the step by step instructions are listed below.
1. Start by cutting out a circle from colored paper, using the bowl as a template. This is going to be the body of the boat. Fold it into half to make it rock!
2. Cut out some more shapes from paper of other colors – small circles of the same size, a rectangle and a long thin strip – look at the image above to get an idea of proportions. Cut out funnels from the corrugated paper.
3. Assemble the boat with the colored shapes as shown in the image below. You can of course add extra elements like an anchor, or maybe a pirate flag!
4. Use a colored marker to add more details to the boat. That’s it – your cute little rocking boat paper craft is ready to set sail!
Make boats in different colors and with different details. Get yourself a light blue background for the water, place the boats on it and let them rock! I can’t think of a better time to spend the summer than on my boat, can you?