It’s fun to read about the origin of festivals and how certain traditions came into being, isn’t it? For instance, Easter is a holiday about the Resurrection, but since it occurs during spring, many parts of the celebration reflect this seasonal aspect too.
I love it when traditions blend like this to create something more beautiful! Apparently, this is how bunnies, colored eggs and little chicks came to be associated with Easter. So today, we’re going to help you revive tradition by making a cute little bunny of your own – a Rocking Easter Rabbit Craft!
Rocking Easter Rabbit Craft
- Yellow construction paper
- A small bowl, to use as a template for drawing a circle
- Pink pom pom
- Googly Eyes
- Pink and black sharpies or markers
- Pencil, Scissors and glue
Watch the video here and then check out the detailed step by step instructions below.
1. Let’s start by getting the various parts of the rabbit ready. First, use the bowl and pencil to trace out a circle on yellow construction paper.
2. Cut out the circle carefully. If there are jagged edges, the bunny won’t rock properly!
3. Now fold the circle into half.
4. On this half circle, draw a U-shape with pencil. Cut it out neatly.
5. From the remaining construction paper, cut out the bunny’s ears, paws, feet and face.
6. Use the pink sharpie to color in the feet and ears.
7. It’s time to assemble our rocking Easter bunny craft! Stick on the face, feet and paws on the front of the bunny’s U-shape body.
8. Flip the bunny over and stick the ears on the back of the bunny’s head. Stick a pink pom pom for the tail.
9. Your bunny needs a cute face! Stick on googly eyes and add whiskers, nose and a mouth with a black marker. Add details on the paws. You can also have cheeks, by using a small pom pom as a stamp.
Your bunny is ready! Now set it upright and let it rock!
To make the carrot shown in the picture, all you need is orange construction paper, some green tissue paper and an orange marker to add details. Of course this is optional, but after all that rocking, he’s bound to get hungry!