Have you ever seen a peacock dance? And did it rain soon afterwards? Well, that’s a common belief anyway!!
Peacocks are associated with many traditional beliefs that indicate the arrival of impending showers.
Of course, given how hot it is these days, we would absolutely love to see a peacock dance and bring in some rain!!
Now even if that seems rather far-fetched at the moment, we have a way to make your wish come true. About the dancing part, that is – you can make your own dancing peacock with a brand new Rocking Peacock Paper Craft!
Rocking Peacock Paper Craft
- Colored craft paper in blue, green and yellow
- Colored markers
- Gold paint
- A small plate or saucer
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Stick
Check out the video below to see how this Rocking Peacock Paper Craft is made. Then proceed to the step by step instructions below for more details.
Instructions to Make the Rocking Peacock Paper Craft:1. Start by tracing a circle using the saucer on the blue craft paper.
2. Cut out the circle carefully.Fold the circle into half to get our rocking base.
3. Cut away the sides of this semi circle to make wings. Add detail by making jagged edges to resemble feathers.
4. Cut out a smaller circle from the blue craft paper for the peacock’s head. Stick this at the top of the base, in the center. Add details like a yellow beak and a blue crest – both out of craft paper, and stick on googly eyes. You can also add feet from paper in any dark color.
5. Cut out a circle from the green craft paper. This circle should be larger than the first one we cut from the blue paper. Use colored markers to add blue and green dots to resemble the ‘eyes’ on peacock feathers.
6. Make small gold dots in the middle of the dots with gold paint. Add glue to the middle of the green circle and stick the peacock.
7. Let the peacock sit on a flat surface and dance side to side!
Wasn’t that super easy?? Now even if it’s a blazing hot day outside, you can look at this bright little rocking peacock paper craft sitting on your desk and make it dance a little. Who knows, it might just start raining!!