We all want to wish family and friends a happy and healthy holiday and new year, but it’s hard to do it right without looking generic. Buying cards in bulk leaves you with very limited designs to choose from, and purchasing pretty handcrafted cards can get really expensive. So this year, why not try your hand at making your own? With simple materials at home & some craft supplies, you can whip up some pretty DIY Snowman cards in no time (and for a minimal cost). Plus, the extra handmade touch will show how much you’re thinking of loved ones and that your well wishes are genuine.
PS – This post was published in December 2010. I have edited it slightly and am republishing it this year. The card was made by Lil p when she was 4 . I had of course helped her with the finer details.
Make your own Snowman Card for Christmas
- Red chart paper for the card [ missing in the above pic]
- Scissors to cut the card
- Black, Green , Orange and Red markers
- White acrylic paint
- A paint brush
- 3 objects with a flat bottom in 3 different sizes .
- Cut the card stock or chart paper in a rectangle 6″x8″
- Fold the card in half to make a card 4″x6″
- Color the bottom of the object with the biggest circumference white and make a circle imprint on the lower section of the card. Similarly add the other 2 circles slightly overlapping each other.
- Paint the snow below the snowman using white paint and a brush.
- Add Dots of white using the back end of the brush to make the snow fall
- Let it dry.
- Then add the Gold glitter here and there [ optional]
- Using markers, add the hat, hands, eyes, nose, mouth and buttons.
- A card that’s easy enough for a 4 year old to help making. Happy Holidays!
Did you enjoy this post?
Join our community and you’ll learn:
- How to simplify your life and make more room for creativity
- How to make hands-on making a part of your everyday life
- Easy, actionable ways to raise creative kids
If you have a related post or know of an idea that you would like to share with me, feel free to add a link in the comment section.