Meira was asking about some gift ideas to surprise her hubby with some DIY stuff. And I remembered this project done 4 years back [ Sorry for the bad pic]
- White T-Shirt [Even black will do]
- Cardboard to be placed between the t-shirt layers
- Newspaper to cover the floor
- Chart paper for the handprint cutout
- An old toothbrush
- Fabric colors – Red, Orange & yellow. [ or Blue+ Green + Yellow]
- Cover the floor with newspapers (Secure them with cellotape, if possible)
- Trace your hands on a cardsheet. (you can try it with ur child’s hand too)
- Carefully cutout along the outline to have 2 holes for hand prints.
- Staple the card sheet to the tee shirt so that the only exposed part of the t-shirt are the handprints.
- Now dip the old toothbrush in water.. lightly squeeze all water out.
- Cover the surface of the tooth brush with red fabric color [ darkest color first] .. Make sure the color is not too watery and not too dry either.
- Now with the brush facing the t-shirt, lightly rub your thumb against the surface. you can see that red color is sprayed on the T-shirt.. cover the lower 1/3 of the hand print completely.
- Wash the tooth brush & cover the middle 1/3 of the hand prints with orange & the top with yellow.
- Let it dry completely (1/2 hour minimum)
- Remove the card sheet to reveal Hand prints spray painted on a T-shirt.