It’s early morning, it’s January and it’s Delhi. There will likely be fog as India celebrates the day it became a Republic. Every year I wish I were at Delhi, watching the Indian contingent go by at the parade. 26th Jan is a really special day for us at home. Miss P takes part in the Republic day flag hoisting, all the cultural activities and then we are back home watching the republic day parade on TV.
India Gate Tricolor Food Art
- Slice of brown bread
- cheese slice
- cucumber slices with skin
- blue gems
- peanut butter for the filling
- blue icing optional
- Cut the bread slice to shape. Cut out a rectangle with clean edges.
2. Using a knife, cut out the inside rectangle.
3. Apply peanut butter between the two layers of Bread. Place a carrot and cucumber slice each over the cheese slice to resemble the tricolor. Cut away any excess. Place a blue gem in the center.
4. We added a carrot and cucumber canopy at the sides. And our craft is ready to be served and eaten!
Don’t forget to take part in our Republic day blog hop where you can meet many other talented bloggers and their creations!