As a parent, have you struggled to find creative ways to engage your child during holidays? Have you put off crafting with kids thinking that you really need expensive materials to make “Art” ? When Lil p was a toddler, she was fascinated by the touch and feel of everything that she came in contact with. If it was soft she cooed , if it was slimy she giggled, if it was pricky she touched gingerly.. if it was cold she was awed.. As a kid too she loved tearing up pieces of paper and that kind of started us on our Artsy-Craftsy journey.. In fact, some of our most loved projects have been making stuff with colored papers & glue . Over the years we have added some more stuff like paint, sequins , cotton, wool, well every material that we could lay our hands on to our Art projects. Since its the holiday season, check out
30 Christmas Paper Collages for kids to make
Did you know, the word collage comes from the French verb coller , which means “to glue.” And if there’s anything kids love to do, it’s play with glue!!! Cutting, pasting, or Collage making, all children love being creative if they are given a chance, and the act of being creative brings with it so many benefits…
- Recycle plastic shopping bags and make an adorable Snowman Picture. Easy technique kids of all ages will enjoy idea via craftsncoffee.com
- Tissue Paper collage~later cut into triangle trees; cool color background with moving lines, white snow, gold branches, snowflake dots – A wonderful Christmas Winter project idea via dealeyarts.blogspot.in
- Vibrant Penguin Art Project paint the background, cut a U in black and a smaller one in white for the body, cut 2 Ds for the arms, use blue chalk/pastel to draw an iceberg then cut it out and glue onto picture with penguin glued to iceberg – then intro mixed media items for decorating (yarn, buttons, white paint for finger paint snowflakes…) Fabulous Fabulous idea from Deep SpaceSparkle
- From exhibit “Christmas Tree Forest” at artsonia , make a colourful Christmas Tree collage.
- We made a A winter scape collage using crepe paper & foam – Mixed medium collage using Crepe paper & some Okra printing added for effects
- Make Paper collage Knusper Knusper Knäuschen (or Gingerbread Thank You Cards) idea via RedTedart
- Make mitten art work – Trace your hands , and cut out and stick them on a colored background idea via Tina mitten time. by artsy_T on Flickr
- A slight twist to our earlier Mitten art project Beautiful and fun project. 🙂 idea via klassenkunst
- “Elf Yourself” like these paper elves craft project . This can even double up as Christmas cards
- Make Super cute penguin dressed for winter. Also on this lesson are snowmen and polar bears. Idea via splishsplashsplatterart
- Make or Buy these cute Reindeer Collages using construction paper idea via www.etsy.com
- Penguin Art – Do the watercolor stripes one day and add the torn paper penguins the next. So cute! Idea vi a
- Are you looking for a meaningful process-oriented art project to do with the kids this winter? I have an answer for you with this snowflake collage activity for kids. Have you made snowflakes with your child? Once you get started, making snowflakes can be completely addictive. idea via tinkerlab.com
- Make a cut paper snow scene art work .. idea via maros-kindergarten
- Make a Ski collage picture for kids as a winter craft – idea via activityvillage
- Make easy Ornament Bulletin Board using papers to make Christmas ornaments idea via firstgradeblueskies.blogspot.in
- make a paper snowman.Very easy to do if you are looking for a quick snowman project idea via thatartistwoman.org
- Make paper collage poinsettia idea via pinterest.com
- Create a holiday scene of your choice. Deep Space Sparkle suggested houses, trees, snowmen… and look at what the kids made.. Uber cute rt?
- Love this Winter scene art work from the MD Anderson children’s art project
- make winter birds art with five different colors of our fabulous collage papers, and either created a bird of their own design, or used some cardboard templates. idea via acornpies
- I love the Norther Lights Art Collage made by kids at Artsonia
- make some cute Eskimo men & women- Free printable include at kleuteridee
- Christmas is a great time to let your child explore their artistic side and get creative. Brighten up your windows with these sun catcher ornaments. Idea via handmadekidsart.com
- Nancy Nolan’s Kindergarten: Snowmen are so colorful and cute. This K teacher’s blog has LOTS of ideas & pictures for year around
- Antarctic Theme Potato Print Penguin Craft was very popular with kids.
- Make a Christmas Tree collage – Paper Christmas Tree! Paint background. Paper strips for trees (biggest to smallest). Cut shapes for star and presents
- Make a Christmas nativity Scene Collage
- Snowflake Art Trading Cards: Uses watercolor and salt and paper snowflakes idea via squareheadteachers
- Make a winter Hat bunting. Great activity for classroom decor .. idea via okuloncesiegitimi
What skills will my child develop through Creative Play, you ask?
While it’s tempting to leave all the ‘messy’ creative activities for your child to do at school , there are so many skills they can learn by having the freedom to do them at home, and developing a love of creative process will set your child up as a creative thinker in all walks of life. Even at a young age, creative activities help to develop Intellectual skills such as geometry (size and shape), measuring, and sorting. There is also a great deal of problem solving and concentration involved in making a collage. . Not to mention,making a paper collage also develops fine motors skills in young children.