Download and assemble our Printable Woodland Themed Paper Collage and get ready to have some fun with some cute and furry woodland friends!
We’re often told to save the environment by saving water and avoiding plastic. We are told about how marine life is affected and how the polar bears are suffering. However, there is one part of the environment that doesn’t get the recognition it deserves – our forests.
Everything from the houses we live in to the books we write in – come from forests. As population grows, our forests become among our most valued resources. Here are a few facts:
- Forests are home to about 80% of the world’s terrestrial biodiversity
- Forests and woodlands are made of over 60,000 species of trees
- Over a billion people depend directly on forests for food, shelter, energy and income
Forests are amazing, aren’t they? That’s why the United Nations has a special day to celebrate forests, called the International Day of Forests on 21st March. This year, let’s do our bit by learning more about our forests and woodlands and spreading awareness. And we’ve got the perfect starting point for you – a printable woodland themed paper collage!
Printable Woodland Themed Paper Collage
- Colored markers/Sharpies
- Blue chart
- Green craft paper/card stock
- Brown craft paper/card stock
How to make the Printable Woodland Themed Paper Collage:
1. Download the printable for the woodland themed paper collage. Print it out on thick paper or card stock.
2. Take out your colored Sharpies and fill in the animals, the mushrooms and tree. Cut out the different parts
3. Alternatively, you can trace out the animal shapes and create mini collages of each one with different colored craft paper.
4. Keep the animals aside. Now let’s get the plantation ready. Cut out zig zag strips of paper in different shades of green, as shown below.
5. Now arrange these on the blue chart paper or card stock to get the background of the woodlands ready.
6. The stage is set, now for some props! Insert the trees and mushrooms in between the grass.
7. Now comes the fun part of getting the woodland animals inside! First try placing the animals in different spots to see where they go best.
8. You can place the animals anywhere you like, but make sure the placement makes sense! For instance, the fox can sit on the ground..
9. ….while the owl rests on the tree.
10. Once you’re done, sit back and see if you’re happy with everything. Your woodland themed paper collage is ready!
Aren’t those little guys cute? If you enjoyed this paper collage, take it a step further by making a three dimensional forest diorama. If you’d like to learn about individual animals of the forests, try out our paper plate parrot craft, an Iguana CD craft or some pipe cleaner snakes. The more you learn about forests and woodlands, the more intrigued you’ll be!