These adorable Back to School bookmarks celebrate all the things we love about going back to school – buses, stationery, and more!
When I think back to my childhood, some of the things I looked forward to the most were birthdays, festivals, trips, and the best part – Back to School season!
I think that’s something everyone loved, even if the thought of doing homework every day wasn’t very appealing! Going back to school meant new books and new stationery, and the reminder that you’d be reunited with your classmates.
I can think of one more thing to make this time more exciting – little DIY gifts for your friends and classmates. And we’ve got the best idea for you today – Back to School bookmarks, in the shapes of a school bus, apple, and pencil!
Bus, Apple, Pencil – Back to School Bookmarks
- Card stock or thick craft paper in different colors
- Craft sticks
- Sharpies or marker pens in different colors
How to make the Back to School Bookmarks:
1. Download the print the Back to School bookmarks template. The template includes parts of the apple, bus, and pencil bookmarks.
2. Trace and cut out the parts of the template on card stock or the thick craft papers of the appropriate colors – yellow for the bus and pencil, and red for the apple.
3. Let’s start assembling the Back to School bookmarks, beginning with the bus. Gather the parts of the school bus template.
4. Take the base of the school bus and stick the long black stripe across it horizontally. Then stick the red headlight on the front of the bus.
5. Now stick the windows on the bus in a straight line. If you like, you can draw a light line in pencil to align the windows on the bottom.
6. Assemble the wheels by sticking the small brown circles inside the large brown circles. Now stick the wheels on the bottom of the bus.
7. Go ahead and add some details to your school bus! Use markers to draw lines around the windows, headlight and inside the wheels.
8. Your bus is looking good! Now stick the finished bus on a craft stick and your first part of Back to School bookmarks is ready!
9. Time to move on to our next bookmark – the apple! Assembling this is easy enough – stick the little white piece on one side of the apple, and then attach the stem and leaf to the appropriate spots.
10. Use a marker to add a border to the apple. Stick the apple on a craft stick and you’re done!
11. Coming to the last one of our Back to School bookmarks – the pencil! Stick the yellow covering to the pencil base and then the eraser at the end. You can add a small strip of gold foam to separate the eraser from the pencil.
12. Take out your colored parkers and color in a triangle at the top to represent the pencil lead. Add some lines to the pencil and eraser part.
13. Stick the finished pencil on a craft stick at a slight angle. Your pencil bookmark is ready!
To use the Back to School bookmarks, simply place the stick part on the page you want to mark and let the upper portion stick out from the top. You can tuck in the page between the wheels of the bus, or the bottom of the pencil or apple.
These Back to School bookmarks would make great back-to-school gifts for your friends and classmates – nothing like a surprise gift to brighten up a day of school! You can use these bookmarks either in your school books or in your non-academic books. There’s no doubt that a colorful bookmark like this can make you more inclined to read more!