Cute and Festive DIY Christmas Corner Bookmarks
These pretty Christmas Corner Bookmarks aren’t just ideal to keep track of your holiday reading; they also make great gifts for friends & co-workers!
Christmas gifts can be tricky – there are people you know on a personal level and those you know on a professional level, and there’s also the question of how much to spend. Sometimes, figuring out the appropriateness of it all can be overwhelming, which is when we resort to the best and safest option – a good book!
Not only are books inexpensive, but they also don’t require batteries, are sustainable, and can always be lent to others once you’re done reading them. It’s no wonder then, that books feature among the top 5 items most commonly gifted during the holiday season!
But simply gifting a book can feel….well…a little meh. It is the festive season, after all! So if you’re planning to gift books this Christmas, we’d recommend jazzing it up a little with some bookmarks, and what could be better than our custom-made DIY Christmas corner bookmarks? Now your friend or loved one will always think of you when they open their book!
Festive DIY Christmas Corner Bookmarks
- Craft paper in assorted colors
- Plain white card stock or thick paper
- Glue stick
How to make the Christmas Corner Bookmarks:
1. Download and print the Christmas corner bookmarks template. The template contains parts of the tree, including the trunk, 3 leafy parts, a star, and little circle ornaments.
2. Trace the parts of the Christmas corner bookmarks template to craft papers of the appropriate colors. We went with different shades of green for the tree’s leafy parts, to add some interest. It’s better to keep the trunk brown, but go crazy with the baubles!
3. Let’s assemble our little tree! Stick the leafy parts on top of each other, in increasing order of size from the top, so you have a full tree.
4. Now take the brown trunk, apply some glue on the top and stick it under the base of the tree.
5. Time to decorate our tree! Thanks to our Christmas corner bookmarks being made of paper, this is way easier than decorating an actual tree! Simply stick the little ornament circles all over the tree, trying to place them as equidistant from each other as possible.
6. Use white craft paper to make a plain corner bookmark by folding it, first diagonally, then bringing down the top quarters as shown in the image.
7. Carefully stick the tree on the corner bookmark, so that it covers the loose edges you got after folding in the previous step. Your Christmas tree corner bookmark is done!
8. For the elf hat bookmark, all you need is a triangular piece of craft paper. Cut out a circle and a zig-zag border from craft paper of another color. Stick the circle on the top of the triangle and the border on the base. Now stick the whole hat on top of a plain white corner bookmark and you’re done! Both your Christmas corner bookmarks are ready!
If you like, you can use colored sharpies or markers to add some details to your Christmas corner bookmarks. You could add fairy lights to the tree, or some patterns to the elf hat. You can also take it a step further by replacing the paper ornaments with adhesive jewel stickers, or just adding some glitter on top of everything. There really is no limit to the way you can customize these adorable Christmas corner bookmarks!
If you liked this craft, you may also like these Christmas-theme bookmarks:
- Easy DIY Nutcracker Bookmark for Christmas
- Adorable Polar Bear Hug Bookmark
- DIY Paper Penguin Bookmark