Let this Polar Bear Hug Bookmark be your new partner in your reading journey this year! Whatever your reading goal is, this guy will be by your side!
In any normal scenario, if you suddenly noticed strangers living in an abandoned house near you, you’d get worried and you’d most likely inform the police. But what if the strangers were super cute and seemed to be enjoying themselves? Well, that’s exactly what happened when some old, abandoned houses on the Kolyuchin Island in Russia had new residents – polar bears!
Yes, this is true, and it happened just last week. You can see photos of the bears hanging out on the balcony, peering through the window, and in general, just having a good time. Now those are some cute neighbors anyone would love!
Well, maybe you’re not likely to have polar bears living near you anytime soon, but you can still have them by your side – inside your favorite book! We know you’ve set new reading goals for this year, and today we’ve got someone who’s going to help you along your reading journey – an adorable polar bear hug bookmark! This one is made out of just paper, so you don’t need any special supplies or materials – you can start right away!
Adorable Polar Bear Hug Bookmark Papercraft
- Craft papers in different colors (white, grey, white, black, pink)
- Craft glue
How to make the Polar Bear Hug Bookmark:
1. Download and print the polar bear hug bookmark template. The template contains parts for the polar bear’s body, tummy, arms, nose, ears and scarf.
2. Select thick white craft paper or cardstock paper for the body and arm patterns. Choose grey paper for the tummy and ears, pink for the cheeks and black for the nose. You can choose any color for the bear’s scarf. Trace and cut out the traced patterns. Cut a slit along the yellow line of the muffler pattern.
3. Stick the nose in the middle of the head part and attach the ear pieces in the appropriate positions on the bear’s head.
4. Stick the pink cheeks on either side of the nose and the tummy in the middle of the bear’s body.
5. Apply glue along the two sides of the polar bear’s body.
6. Stick the two arms on the glued portions positioning them so that they face inwards. Remember to apply glue only on the edges so the rest of the arms are free.
7. Trim any extra part of the arms that extend beyond the bear’s body. Use a sharpie to draw the eyes and mouth of the polar bear hug bookmark papercraft.
8. Finally, slide the scarf over the bear’s head, passing it through the slit in the scarf. Apply glue to help the scarf stay in place on the bear’s body.
Your polar bear hug bookmark is ready! All you need to do now is to slide the polar ear over the page in your book, tucking it in between the bear’s arms and body. Now it’s time to go ahead and make some more polar bear hug bookmarks!
Look at how happy he is here, holding your page tightly! This polar bear hug bookmark will firmly hold on to your page so you won’t miss your place or waste time hunting for where you last stopped reading. If you liked this bookmark papercraft, you’ll enjoy our other animal hug bookmarks – a panda hug bookmark, a quokka hug bookmark, a penguin hug bookmark, a printable monkey bookmark, a lion bookmark, a hedgehog bookmark, a unicorn bookmark or even a non-animal one – a gnome bookmark!