Spring is here, and if you’re a honey-lover, this should make you excited! We’ve got a little DIY toy for your kiddos – a Tic Tac Toe with Bees Vs Flowers! This is an incredibly cute craft and makes for a lovely gift too!
Super Easy Clay Bee Tic Tac Toe craft for kids
- Cold Porcelain clay – See our Clay Penguin craft post for the recipe.
- Yellow , Black, white, pink, green, Brown acrylic paint
- Clay modeling tools
- A scale to measure
- Rolling pin
- Vaseline to grease your palms.
Making the Bees:
- Add some yellow acrylic paint and knead the clay well.
- Roll the yellow into a cylindrical shape.
- Add black acrylic paint to a fresh batch of clay and roll it into a snake shape.
- Roll 2 rounds of the black clay around the bee.
- Place the eyes on the bees.
- Add white acrylic to a fresh batch of clay. Make two balls and press to form wings. Press on top of the bee.
Making the Flowers:
- Mix & knead some pink acrylic paint to a fresh batch of clay. For each flower, we will need 5 mini balls of clay.
- Mix & knead yellow acrylic paint into a fresh clay. Roll a small ball equal sized to the pink ones.
- Get them closer and press to form a flower.
- Using a clay modeling tool, add a grove to the mid of the each petal and some dots on the yellow center.
- Make at least 5 flowers and 5 bees to play the game.
Making the Tic Tac Toe Board:
- Mix and knead green paint in a fresh cold porcelain clay mixture
- Roll into a thick 1.5 cm circle
- Measure and cut into a 9 x 9 cm thick square
- Mix some brown paint and create the grid as shown in the image below.
Let the board, bees and flowers dry for at least 2 or 3 days. Your very own bees n’ flowers Tic Tac Toe game is ready! Pick a side – flowers or bees – who will win?