Cooking with kids is an art in itself.. Well I’m not technically cooking here , just assembling. But Lil p loves it and well I’m loving it too.
Today’s recipe is
Cheesy Monaco Bites
- A packet of monaco biscuits or any salted / unsweetened biscuit – 24 piece pack
- 1 tomato
- 1 small potato
- Capsicum 1/4
- Boiled sweet corn
- Cucumber 1/2
- Carrot 1 small
- 1 Cheese slice & Cube
- Lemon – 1
- Mint Chutney ( Optionally use Mayo)
- Date & Tamarind Chutney ( optionally you can use Tomato Ketchup)
- Salt & pepper
- Mint / Coriander for topping
- Boil Sweet Corn until soft
- Boil / microwave a potato until cooked. Cool & mash
- Finely Chop onion , cucumber & capsicum
- Grate carrots and cheese cube
Mint Coriander Chutney – Recipe here
Date Tamarind Chutney – Recipe Here
- Arrange the Monaco biscuits on a serving plate
- Cut the cheese slice into squares and place one on top of the biscuit.
- Add a small dollop of Tamarind chutney. Spread roughly.
- Add a small dollop of mint chutney
- Mix all vegetable toppings in a bowl – Cucumber, tomato, corn, onion, carrot & potato.
- Add 2 to 3 drops of lemon to this. Add Salt & pepper to taste . Mix well
- Carefully put a dollop of this veggie mix on top of the biscuit .
- Sprinkle Cheese gratings & sev.
- Top it up with a sprig of coriander and Cheesy Monaco Bites are ready.
Alternate toppings we tried & loved (Sorry no pics)
- Chole Monaco Bites – dahi papdi chaat style – Used leftover Chana masala .. lightly mashed, Tomato ketchup , Dollop of dahi, chaat masala
- Rajma Monaco Bites – Burrito Style – Boiled & mashed Rajma, Mexican salsa mix, onion , tomato , capsicum, Cheese topping
- Monaco Triple Layer – Sandwich style – One monaco biscuit , one layer of cheese, sauce , Cucumber, Monaco biscuit, tomato , mint chutney and another monaco on top.
What combination did you try??? Do encourage LilP to try more recipes by leaving ideas in the comments below. If you have posts on easy – no cook recipes for kids to try out , leave me a note. If you try this at home, share the pics. I’d love to know your twist on the same ..