Find out how to make Mexican Cinco De Mayo crafts to celebrate Mexico and its culture with our awesome roundup of 10 fun crafts.
Cinco de Mayo (“The Fifth of May” in Spanish) is a national holiday in Mexico which is also widely celebrated in the United States.While it historically commemorates the victory of the Mexican army over the French army in the Battle of Puebla in 1862, Cinco de Mayo has become an annual celebration of Mexican culture—with amazing food, music, dancing and customs.
The Best 11 Cinco De Mayo Crafts for Kids
Feliz Cinco de Mayo! and have fun crafting!
Cinco De Mayo party supplies
**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site. Thank you!
- Get going on this fun craft of paper rosettes and Señoritas for el Cinco de Mayo from Denna’s Ideas.
- Muñeca Quitapenas or Worry dolls / trouble dolls : help ease the child’s worries or can be used to make wishes. The doll is told the worry, then placed under the child’s pillow. The doll does the worrying while the child sleeps. Make a worry doll for someone you love by going to creativity in motion for the tutorial.
- Ojo De Dios or God’s Eye Craft: from Persia Lou – Bright. Cheerful. And a beautiful reminder of God’s loving watchful eye ! They can be as simple or as elaborate as you want to make them, but the basic design makes them an ideal craft for small hands.
- Get the kids all dressed up in a traditional Mexican sarape, or poncho: with Learn Create Love’s colorful craft idea that uses just a paper bag and paints. Or use thick colored markers if you’d like the kids to be able to wear their creations right away.
- With some leftover Disposable tableware/ cutlery, get your kids to make themselves a festive Cinco de Mayo sombrero and maracas for shaking around the house.
- Visit My Moppet to make your own Frida Kahlo Inspired colourful Mexican headbands
- This cute DIY Mexican guitar craft at SheKnows will make a great addition to your kids’ pretend mariachi band. Since it can be decorated to their style with colored tape and markers, this makes a great group craft if you have a bunch of kids coming over for your Cinco de Mayo gathering.
- Cinco de Mayo Chilli Craft for Kids:Footprint Chili Pepper by Amanda is bound to keep the kids asking for more footprint crafts! Even babies can get in on the festive fun with this easy-to-make keepsake art.
- Tell Love and Chocolate shares how to make these colorful cactus cake toppers.
- If you don’t want to deal with a big Piñata, these mini ones from Hideous Dreadful Stinky are a great alternative.
- Get your Beverage to feel fancy with these colourful coasters with Style Me Pretty
Read books on Cinco De Mayo