I love this style of rangoli because it gets made in like 15 mins flat – its called Sanskar Rangoli.. Its fun to get the kids involved too.
Pic courtesy – Arthi Anand
- Small plastic sieve
- Rangoli powder – Yellow, Red, Green, White
- Magazine cover
- Transparent cello-tape.
- Chalk piece & a small roll of thick thread.
- Assemble all materials at one place.
- Tie one end of the thread to a wet chalk piece.
- Put a dot , then place your thumb tightly over the thread on the dot and draw a circle.
- Similarly draw 2 more bigger circles encircling each other by increasing the radius.
- Make a small incision in the colored rangoli packet.
- Now hold the Sieve in your left hand and pour little amounts of red rangoli powder regulating the flow using the plastic cover of the rangoli packet itself. . The trick is to never let your sieve touch the ground. However keep it as close to the ground as possible.. Fill up the inner circle. Ignore if it falls a little outside the chalk circle.
- Similarly, Add yellow color outside the red
- Now fill the biggest circle with green rangoli powder.
- Make a fresh cone using magazine cover. stick it in place using a cello-tape. Fill it upto 3/4 using white rangoli powder. cut the lower end of the cone so as to allow free fall of rangoli powder.
- Draw muruku like design in the yellow section holding the cone firmly. Practice on a news paper to gain confidence.
- Complete the muruku design in the yellow section.
- Add circles along the circumference
- Add final designs as you desire and add a swastika in the centre.