Love mermaids? Then you’ll adore this gorgeous Disney Ariel Papercraft for Kids that’s super easy to make – all you need is colored card stock!
Disney princesses have many things in common; they’re headstrong, they’re smart, they’re loyal and they are selfless. Ariel the Little Mermaid is similar in all these aspects, but there’s one thing different – she doesn’t have legs and she lives underwater!
It’s to Disney’s credit that they’ve created a beautiful underwater world as the setting for Ariel’s story, one which had us laughing and crying in equal measure. If you’ve got a mermaid fan or an Ariel fan at home, we’ve got something for you – a Disney Ariel Papercraft!
You might think making a mermaid out of paper is a difficult task, but this project will prove otherwise. So gather your craft papers, markers and let’s get crafting!
Disney Ariel Papercraft for Kids
- Card stock in different colors
- Colored markers
- Glue stick
How to make the Disney Ariel Papercraft for Kids:
1. Download the free printable Disney Ariel template. Print out the template and cut out the pieces. The template contains parts for Ariel’s hair, tail, face, eyes, body, bustier and fins.
2. Trace the mermaid parts on card stock of the appropriate colors and cut them out. Lay them out as shown below.
3. Assemble the mermaid’s tail by sticking the fins at the top and bottom.
4. Stick the bustier on the body piece.
5. Use colored markers to add details to the mermaid’s tail and bustier.
6. Cut out the fringe from the mermaid’s hair so you get a little flap as shown below.
7. Insert the head of the mermaid instead the flap and secure it in place with glue stick.
8. Fix the mermaid’s tail on the bottom of the body.
9. Almost done! Now attach the mermaid head.
10. Stick on the mermaid’s eyes and draw in a few more facial features and your beautiful little Ariel is done!
It’s amazing how you can create something so beautiful from just paper, right? That’s the magic of paper crafts – you can create so many things from something so basic! If you’d like more beach theme crafts, check out our sandcastle projects and our summer theme art projects. Looks like you’re going to be quite busy this summer!