Got a new fantasy novel? Make it even better with these gorgeous DIY mermaid tail bookmarks! Make them in multiple colors and give your best friends too!
Sometimes the real world can get too hard to handle. That’s when you feel like you want to escape someplace else, even if for a short while. Since the pandemic doesn’t let us have the vacation we want, there’s an easier way to travel to a faraway world – through a book!
I personally love books that have entire fantasy worlds created in them. It’s an attestation to the power of the written word how much they make it seem believable, and how much they get us invested in the characters. When you’re in fantasy world, nothing seems impossible. You can meet anyone, from a leprechaun to a fairy to a mermaid!
So if you’ve got a fantasy novel all set for your summer reading, we’ve got the perfect bookmark for you – another creature from the land of fantasy – a mermaid! Well, not exactly a full mermaid – we only have her tail. To know where the mermaid herself is, you’ll have to read the entire book!
DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmarks
- Craft paper or card stock in different colors
How to make the DIY Mermaid Tail Bookmarks:
1. Download the mermaid tail bookmark template and print it out. The template includes the mermaid tail, scales and plain strips.
2. Trace the parts of the template onto colored paper and cut them out.
3. Stick the scales on the mermaid tail.
4. Stick the white plain strip on the top of the mermaid tail.
5. Time to decorate! Stick the sequins on the mermaid tail – put as many as you like!
6. Your mermaid bookmarks are ready!
These DIY mermaid tail bookmarks must be the easiest bookmarks you can make yourself! That means that you can make many of them in different colors. Keep a bunch for yourself and distribute the rest among your friends. If you enjoyed making this and would like more bookmark crafts, check out our adorable panda hug bookmark, the beautiful Gond folk art parrot bookmarks or the totally whacky Thing 1 Thing 2 bookmark!