I am a hoarder. I love collecting bottles, bottle caps, kitchen rolls, wrapping paper, magazines basically anything that’s craft worthy! I am always at a loss for what to do with them. And then I met the gorgeous Juhi Khanna – of the Juhi’s Handmade Cards fame. She invited me home [ Oh! I loved her craft room and that amazing skylight at her home] and we got crafting one Sunday! Here’s
How to Upcycle Glass Jars – Decoupage DIY Tutorial
Materials for the upcycled glass jar
- An old mason jar
- Sand paper
- Old paper from a novel or dictionary
- Modge podge
- Colored cutouts
- Glue gun
- Ric rac
- Paper flowers
- Old rag
Here ‘s a Video Tutorial on How to Upcycle Glass Jars – Decoupage DIY Tutorial
To Make –
- Layer your table or work area with Newspapers.
- Clean the glass bottle of all stickers, dirt & grime using soap & a rag. Let dry.
- Rub a sandpaper on its outer smooth face. This helps the decoupaged paper stick better .
- Tear out small pieces of an old novel or dictionary.
- Starting from the curved edges – apply a layer of modge podge using a brush and layering small strips of the paper.
- Cover the whole bottle. Let dry.
- Apply a second layer of Glossy Modge evenly over the whole bottle.
- Stick on some patterned paper or cardstock. Apply modge podge. You can use stickers or paper cutouts.
- Once completely dry, twirl some Ric rac or some twine around the neck to hide any spots that you might have missed at the top. Secure with a glue gun.
- Embellish with paper flowers using a glue gun. . Leave overnight to dry.
- The gorgeous upcycled bottle is ready. Use it as a pen stand or as a flower holder .
This project is so easy to make & looks gorgeous. Will add an instant style factor to your work bench or study table.