Make this adorable I for Iguana Craft using our Printable Template that’s perfect for learning about herbivores, lizards, the reptile family, tropical forest, or Letter I
We move on to our next A to Z Alphabet Animal Craft with the Letter I. This craft is from our eBook – A to Z Alphabet Animal Crafts for Kids.
Iguanas are big herbivorous lizards from the reptile family. Found in tropical areas, these animals have fascinated many kids.
I for Iguana Craft with Printable Template
Supplies needed to make this I for Iguana Craft:
- Printable Template
- Green Felt or Construction Paper or craft foam sheets
- Dark Green Felt or Construction Paper or craft foam sheets
- Black Felt or Construction Paper or craft foam sheets
- An old CD
- Glue Gun or Glue stick if using paper.
- Googly Eyes
Steps to make this I for Iguana Craft:
Print the Craft template on an A4 or Letter Sized paper. Cut out all the parts – the Green body, the head, the tail, the stripes, the mouth, and feet. Use these cutout templates as your reference points and trace onto Felt. We used a 2mm stiff felt to make this craft. Alternately, you could use construction paper or craft foam in similar colors.
Glue the Body on the CD first. Then add the head on the front and tail at the back. Finally, glue on the feet, the stripes, eyes & mouth.
This printable I for Iguana craft is perfect for Kids aged 5 and above and improves their fine motor skills, visual perception, and hand-eye coordination. Parents and teachers can also make these at home or class and have their child or students assemble it independently. These crafts can be made by teachers and used as props, puppets, or even for classroom decoration.
Also, check out our post – 12 Fall Sensory Bin Ideas that Kids will love!
If you homeschool, run a childcare, or teach any elementary aged kids, this I for Iguana Craft would be a great supplement to your Letter of the week curriculum. Add this fun craft project when you are studying about herbivores, lizards, the reptile family, tropical forest, or Letter I.
Here are some fun facts about the Iguana
- The iguana is mostly an herbivore, meaning that it likes to eat plants including leaves and fruit.
- The Iguana is a reptile.; It has scales and is cold-blooded.
- The Iguana’s tail is nearly half its body size, it helps them punch its enemy.
- Iguanas have sharp claws that help them climb trees.
- Iguanas are excellent swimmers and can stay for nearly 20 – 30 minutes underwater without surfacing.
Here are some Iguana Books that go with this craft
February Special – Till the 28th of this month, since it’s the month of love, I’m giving away 1 template free every day.
So on 1st February Click on the A for Alligator link on page A to Z Alphabet Animal Crafts for Kids to download the printable template for free.At the end of the month, I will be combining them all into an ebook and all the templates will be available for download as a Paid Bundle. Right now, we are opening our cart for
On 1st March the price will go up to 9.99$.