Let’s make a Paper Bag Baby Yoda Craft for kids from the Disney+ show! They’re perfect for Star Wars or Mandalorian fans – of all ages!
Humans are strange creatures. Show us an elephant and many of us will just sit there without any reaction. However, show us a baby elephant and we’ll be all over it, going all kinds of ‘awww’. That’s the power of being little; case in point – Baby Yoda from Star Wars!
I don’t think I know anyone who found Yoda cute or desirable in any way, but when Baby Yoda entered the picture, the internet lost it. Grogu, (which is Baby Yoda’s real name), was introduced to us in the Disney+ television series The Mandalorian in 2019 and became an internet sensation instantly.
As expected, this led to a huge demand in Baby Yoda themed merchandise – Amazon says that customers searched for Baby Yoda products over 90,000 times in a single month! Well, whether you were able to get your hands on Baby Yoda merchandise or not, we’ve got something for you today – a cute little Paper bag Baby Yoda craft for kids – and the kids-at heart!
Adorable Paper Bag Baby Yoda Craft for Kids
- Brown paper bag
- Craft paper in brown, green and tan
- Black marker
How to make the Paper Bag Baby Yoda Craft:
1. Download and print the paper bag Baby Yoda craft template. The template contains parts for the head, collar, robe, sleeves, ears, hands and eyes.
2. Trace and cut out the parts of the template, using appropriate colors of craft paper. Since we know what Baby Yoda looks like, you don’t have to bother with choosing colors – just go with green for the head and hands and brown for the robe and collar!
3. Use a black marker to color in the pupils of the eyes. Stick the ears in the appropriate position on the head of the paper bag Baby Yoda craft.
4. Stick on the eyes in the middle of Baby Yoda’s head. Draw a nose and cute little smile with the black marker and your Baby Yoda head is done!
5. Time to dress up Baby Yoda! Stick the collar piece behind the head, so it looks like the head is coming out of the collar.
6. Cut out a rectangle from brown craft paper, of the same dimensions as the front of the paper bag. Try to keep the rectangle’s brown a shade darker than the brown of the paper bag. Cut a wavy pattern at the bottom edge of the rectangle.
7. Stick the brown rectangle on the paper bag, gluing inside the area that comes under the bottom flap of the bag. You’ll notice a little part of the bag is visible under the rectangle, that’s okay. Now assemble the arms by sticking the hands under the sleeves.
8. Attach the arms to the paper bag. Your paper bag Baby Yoda puppet craft is coming together nicely!
9. Time for the final assembly! Stick the head-collar combination on the flap of the paper bag and that’s it! Your super cute paper bag Baby Yoda craft is ready to play with!
To play, all you need to do is to put your hand inside the paper bag, and place your fingers inside the folded flap of the bag. Then you can move your hand and make Baby Yoda talk and do all kinds of things. If you enjoyed playing with this, you’ll love our entire collection of paper bag puppets, including a beaver, dinosaur, badger and even an alien!