Brighten up your summer days with a paper flower craft that’s super easy to make! Make several flowers in different colors for your room.
Summer is a wonderful season, isn’t it? Everything’s all bright and sunny and you can’t help but feel cheerful. And if you’ve got your bags packed for a vacation, then you’ve probably been waiting for summer to begin!
There are some plants that don’t flourish during summer – they dry out! While that can be rather upsetting, don’t worry, there is a solution. Make paper flowers! You can make them in any color you like, and they won’t wilt on you!
Know another thing I love about paper flowers? You can make any kind, whether they grow in your place or not! Poppies, hyacinths, heliconias, marigolds – everything can bloom in your paper garden! Now let’s move on to a special paper flower craft that’s sunny and cheery – perfect for summer!
Paper Flower Craft for Summer
- Craft paper in purple, orange, green and yellow
How to make Paper Flower Craft for Summer:
1. Let’s start by getting all the different parts of the flower ready. Cut out thin strips from the purple, orange and green paper. Make them of different lengths, as shown in the picture below.
2. Cut out a spiral from the yellow paper as well as a green leaf.
3. Time to put those strips to use! Arrange the purple strips as shown in the picture, placing them at equal angles to each other. Glue them in place.
4. Start folding the ends of each strip towards the center, and glue in place. Move in a circular fashion, from one end till you finish folding all the strips. You’ll end up with a flower shape with folded petals.
5. Repeat the above step with the orange strips so you get another, smaller flower.
6. Place the orange flower inside the purple flower and stick. Make it sit so that the petals of each flower don’t overlap, but are adjacent.
7. Twist the yellow spiral into a coil and stick to the center of the orange flower.
8. Attach the green stem and leaf and you’re done!
I’m sure you didn’t imagine this craft would be so easy, right? That’s another reason it’s perfect for summer; it’s a light and breezy project without any heavy lifting required! Make many flowers in different colors so you have a garden that will cheer you up in one look!