Paper Hand puppets Dog Frog
- A4 size Construction paper – Green , pink, black & light brown.
- Googly eyes
- Markers – black
I used high quality construction papers. This gives it a good grip due to its thickness. The thicker the better.
For the basic template
- Use Green construction paper.
- Place length wise – shorter edge on top and longer edge on side
- Fold into 3 parts such that one edge overlaps the other. Glue in place. This resembles a tube
- Fold in half with the glued side up.
- Fold in half again side such that the glued sides overlap each other.
- Repeat at the other side. now the fold should resemble a ‘W’
- Glue the ‘V’ of the sides together as shown above
- Now cut 2 pieces in U shape for the eyes .. add details using a marker. Stick in place
- stick in the tongue cut in a long U shape cut from a pink construction paper
To make the dog –
- Follow the fold as explained above, this time using brown paper
- Cut out ears using black paper
- and tongue using pink paper
- stick, add details using marker .
- Stick on googly eyes.
Do try this simple puppet and don’t forget to share your creations.. Many varieties using the same fold can be found on the net. Its a lot of fun..