Paper Quilled Snowflake Craft
Who says snowflakes should be white? Make this pretty paper quilled snowflake craft to decorate your holiday cards, gifts or your room! Check out the full tutorial for detailed steps.
As we enter the holiday season, the weather starts cooling down, and out come our winter clothes. Those of you lucky enough to witness snow can have fun with it, while the rest of us compensate by watching movies with snow in them!
You can’t speak of snow without talking about snowmen and snowflakes. You’ve probably heard about snowflakes being unique, with no two snowflakes having the same pattern. But did you know that snowflakes actually originate from one single dust particle, which then attracts water droplets from the air, freezes and then falls down? Yes, that beautiful structure starts from dust!!
You know we’re huge fans of everything snow-related, especially snowflakes, and we’re also into paper quilling. That’s when I realized that I should combine these two loves! So that’s how we get one more addition to our holiday quilling crafts, with this colorful paper quilled snowflake craft for today!!
Paper Quilled Snowflake Craft
List of Supplies:
- Quilling strips in different colors
- Slotted quilling tool
- Craft glue or glue stick
How to make the Paper Quilled Snowflake Craft:
1. Select 2 different colors for each snowflake. Prepare twelve quilling strips of 12 inches length (6 of each one color) and thirteen quilling strips of 6 inches length (7 of the first color and 6 of the second).
2. Take one of the 12 inch long strips and coil the entire strip with the slotted quilling tool. Take the coil out of the tool and allow it loosen up a little.
3. Press any one side of the loose coil; this will create a teardrop pattern. Now press the opposite side of the previously pressed side. This will create a lens shape.
4. Similarly create 5 more lens shapes using the same colored strips, so you get a total of 6 lens shapes.
5. Use the second color of 12″ quilling strips to create 6 teardrop shapes.
6. Create 7 loose coils using the 6 inch quilling strips of the first color. With the 6 inch quilling strips of the second color, create 6 more loose coils.
7. Take the set of 7 loose coils in the same color. Arrange them in a flower pattern with 6 coils surrounding a central coil and glue in place.
8. Take the quilled lens shapes and glue each of them between the loose coils in the flower created above.
9. Now take the teardrop shapes and glue them between the lens shapes, keeping the pointy side facing out and the curved side glued with the loose coils.
10. Lastly, grab the last 6 loose coils and glue them on the tip of the lens shapes or on the tip of the teardrop shapes.
11. Make more snowflakes in different colors and allow the glue to dry completely.
If you’re wondering where to use this paper quilled snowflake craft – well, anywhere your heart desires! Stick them on a plain card to make some custom Christmas greeting cards. Or use them on gift tags, similar to these Quilled Christmas Gift Tags. Or go ahead and turn it into a cute ornament for your tree, like this Quilled Wreath Ornament or this Christmas Tree Ornament. There really isn’t any place you can’t use these pretty snowflakes!!
Waooo..This Quilling snowflake looks awesome & colourful..
Loved it a lot..