This adorable Peacock Bookmark Craft is super easy for kids of all ages to make! Great craft for learning about India’s national symbols.
For generations, we’ve always thought that women and girls get the privilege to dress up and look pretty, although things are changing, and the world of beauty and fashion now caters to all genders. However, there’s one creature that got this trend down pat ages ago – the peacock!
Yes, it’s fascinating to watch the male of the species all decked out and trying to impress the female – who prefers a much less impressive plumage! Together they create babies that are adorably known as peachicks.
While the peacock may think of his feathers as an accessory, they have a lot of significance in many cultures, especially in Hinduism. In fact, the peacock is India’s national bird, and many Indians consider peacock feathers auspicious. It’s interesting to know that peacocks have no difficulty flying even with such an adorable train behind them!
Well, finding a peacock feather may not be possible right now, but you can definitely recreate the beauty – with a cute and easy peacock bookmark craft for kids! This little peacock will preen not for any peahen, but for you and you only!
Cute and Easy Peacock Bookmark Craft for Kids
- Craft paper in different colors
- Colored markers
How to make the Peacock Bookmark Craft:
1. Download and print the peacock bookmark craft printable template. The template contains parts of the peacock’s body, tail, ‘eyes’ for the tail, wings, beak, and legs.
2. Trace the parts of the template onto craft paper of the appropriate colors and cut them out. You can use a combination of blue and green, or if you can find it, go with peacock blue!
3. Let’s start by assembling the main part of the peacock, its gorgeous tail! Let’s first get the ‘eyes’ ready, by sticking the smaller blue drop shapes onto the larger yellow drop shapes.
4. Now stick these eyes on the tail of the peacock bookmark craft. Apply glue on the edges of the tail as shown, which will make it easier to stick those smaller pieces.
6. Okay, your beautiful tail is ready, now let’s get to the bird itself! Stick the legs on the bottom of the body part, and a beak on the front of the face.
7. Attach the wings on either side of the peacock’s body, taking care to apply glue only on the top parts – the bottom of the wings should be free.
9. Take out your colored markers to add some details! You can add some texture detail to the wings as well as the eyes on the face.
10. Now all that’s left to do is to combine the bird and the tail – just use some glue and there you go! Your peacock bookmark craft is ready!
11. To use the peacock bookmark craft, place the peacock behind the page, and slide the page between the wings and the body – that’s why we asked you to leave the bottom of the wings free!
This is honestly one of the easiest paper crafts you can make with your kids, and they would love to assemble the tail of the peacock bookmark craft! This bookmark can be used for any book of your choice, but it would be perfect with books about India for kids. This craft is also great with lessons about birds, especially about those that spend most of their time on the ground. If you enjoyed this, you will also like our rocking peacock craft, pipe cleaner feather peacock craft, and paper peacock craft – each one is easier than the other!