Miss P loves birds of any kind.. and if you are familiar with my blog, you’ll find a LOT of bird crafts that we have done in the past. I’ll add links to those at the bottom of this post for you.
Pipecleaner Feather Peacock Craft
Miss P also loves glitter (as does every little girl ) and jumps at the opportunity to use it in any way. For this project we used Glitter paper, glitter pipe cleaners & Glittery sequins. I have not made a craft with feathers .. well not too many, so decided to use them here. Instead of think long feathers, you can use faux peacock feathers. I’m sure it’ll add a lot more drama to the craft. Assembling it all was a little bit tricky and I helped Miss P put it together. I used a glue gun and it took some time to get it all glued nice and tight.
Supplies Required to make the Pipecleaner Feather Peacock Craft
- Glitter Paper – Blue
- Long Feathers – Blue & green
- Tinsel Pipe Cleaners – Glittery Green & Glitter blue
- Shiny blue sequins
- Googly Eyes
- Yellow Paper
- Glue Gun
- Craft Stick
How to Make a Pipecleaner Feather Peacock Craft
- First, we lined up the big feathers – green & blue together in a fan like structure. We used 6 (4 blue, 2 green).
- Now, stick them onto a craft stick/ice cream stick (however, you like to call them) using hot glue gun.
- The next layer is the glittery pipe cleaner feathers. We used 4, again 2 blue & 2 green. Cut them in half & fold into a leaf like structure. Alternate the colors – Blue on the top of the green feathers and so on.
- Next get the peacock body ready. We cut a bowling pin shaped part from the blue glitter paper. Using a Glue Gun stick it in place.
- Add a foam beak & crest using yellow paper. Next, add the Googly eyes .. the bird has to look pretty you see. So we added the googly eyes with eyelashes.
- Coloured sequins went on next. Add dots of glue on the body and then place sequins one by one.
- Lastly, stick the whole body on top the feathers.
Miss P loves her new peacock puppet .. And since the peacock is the national bird of India, it needs to be familiar with India. So Miss P is off teaching the peacock ( She calls it Mr. Blue) about the states in India. Isn’t that a fun way to learn about Geography?
Go on make your own peacock craft. Share the pics with me.
Oh! and as promised, here are the links to other bird crafts we have made