Pipe Cleaner star fishes, octopus, puffy fishes all galore. Have fun making them & then catching them with magnets
Pipe Cleaner Fishing Game
You’ll Need –
- Pipe cleaners
- Assorted Pompoms
- Craft Sticks
- Google Eyes
- Satin Ribbon
- Sea Shells
- Assorted Sequins
- Glue Gun
- Desert Sand
Video Tutorial –
To Make The Pipecleaner Fish
- First, we’ll make the fishes.. Take a pipe cleaner in any bright colour, Fold it in half, twist at the end to form the tail fin, then roll the other side around your thumb to form a circular hole.
- Make as many fishes you want in different colours.
- Push a pom-pom inside the circle & stick a large Googly eye to make the fish Eye.
- To secure the pom-pom, you can add additional glue. Craft glue or a Glue gun works best.
To Make The Pipecleaner Octopus Craft:
- For the Octopus, you’ll need 4 pipe cleaners, 2 each of the same colour. Fold the pipe cleaners in half and then twist them all to form a ball like structure with 8 legs. Bend the legs upwards & stick on 2 large googly eyes.
To Make The Pipecleaner Starfish
- For the star fish, twist a pipe cleaner in a zig zag – VVVVV with 5 points and then join the ends and press or twist to keep them in place. Stick on two small googly eyes.
- Make a fishing rod using a satin ribbon that is stuck onto a craft stick at one end and has a small circular magnet at the other end. Make one each for every player that you want to have.
- For the final step, create a fun setup in a blue tub or on a bed spread. Place some sand, some decorative stones, some sea shells .. we added in some colourful sequins to jazz it up. The magnet will help you ‘catch’ some pipe cleaner fishes. Who ever catches the maximum fishes in a minute wins.