Forget about creepy snakes, and make this DIY Pipe Cleaner and Bead Snake Craft instead! Use them as bookmarks, bag charms, key chains and much more!
I often think that Nagini, Voldemort’s pet snake, is probably creepier than Voldemort himself. Reading about her slithering and obeying Voldemort’s every order can give anyone the chills! Another snake that has a very impactful presence is Kaa, from the Jungle Book. That’s the thing about snakes – scary as they may be, you can’t deny that they are fascinating and mysterious!
But enough about creepy snakes, we’ve got some friendly guys over her at Artsy Craftsy Mom and they’re far from venomous! These DIY pipe cleaner and bead snakes are super easy to make and can be customized to any color you like!
DIY Pipe Cleaner and Bead Snake Craft for Kids
- Pipe Cleaners in assorted colors
- Perler Beads in assorted colors
- Googly Eyes
- Red Felt
1. Start by making the snake’s head. Take one end of the pipe cleaner and bend it to form an oval shape without any empty spaces.
2. Start adding perler beads of different colors. String them along by inserting them through the tail end of the snake. You can create a pattern or just go random!
3. Time to add a friendly face to our little snake! You can make a tongue out of red felt or a pipe cleaner and fix it with glue. Stick on googly eyes and your snake is done!
4. Don’t stop with one snake – make several! The beads and pipe cleaner allow you to bend the snakes any which way you like, so you can create a whole family like this one!
This DIY pipe cleaner and bead snake craft is something that requires very little time, and the stringing process is a great motor skill activity for younger kids. They might need some help with the tongue, but once the snakes are made, there’s a lot you can do with them. Use them as bookmarks to mark your page, or twist them into bag charms or key chains. Or just add them to your jungle diorama – Kaa style!!