Pot of Gold Popsicle Stick Craft | St Patrick’s Day Special
End your search for that elusive treasure at the end of the rainbow – with this Pot of Gold Popsicle Stick Craft that’s perfect for St Patrick’s Day!
The search for gold is something that has a prominent place in history, and it’s not surprising! There are many legends and stories regarding this search for gold, but none as entertaining as the Leprechaun’s pot of gold – carefully hidden at the end of the rainbow!
Apparently, Leprechauns have worked hard for this treasure. They have dug out war time treasures buried ages ago, and then put them in their hiding place. The end of the rainbow does seem like an appropriate place for secret treasure, don’t you agree?
And if you’d like to lay your hands on some gold this season, you certainly can! Our Pot of Gold Popsicle Stick Craft is perfect for St Patrick’s Day and gives you a chance to find that elusive pot of gold – along with a piece of the rainbow!
Pot of Gold Popsicle Stick Craft for St Patrick’s Day
List of Supplies:
- Green Popsicle Sticks
- Black and White craft paper
- Gold sequins in different sizes
- Colored markers
- Scissors, Glue and Pencil
How to make the Pot of Gold Popsicle Stick Craft:
1. Let’s start with the main element – the pot of gold! Draw an outline of the pot on black paper, similar to the one shown below.
2. Cut out the pot along the outline. Apply glue all over the top portion of the pot and stick the gold sequins. You can start with the larger ones and layer the smaller ones on top. You can also embellish the pot if you like.
3. Now for the rainbow – Use the markers to draw stripes on the white craft paper, in the same order as the colors of the rainbow.
4. Cut out this piece of rainbow, ensuring some white space on the right to help us stick the rainbow to the pot.
5. Apply glue on the white part of the rainbow piece and stick it behind the pot of gold so that only the rainbow is visible.
6. Attach the finished pot of gold to the head of the green craft stick and let dry.
7. Make many more pots of gold in this manner. You can even embellish the pots with initials!
Well, there can’t be an easier way to get your hands on a pot of shiny gold! You can make multiples of these, embellishing each one with a shiny sticker of your friends’ initials and gift it to them! Your friendship is, of course, worth any number of pots of gold!