Kids will love this cute Leprechaun Popsicle Stick Craft that’s perfect for St Patrick’s Day! Use as bookmarks or place in your pen holder as quirky decor!
In folklore, you often come across characters that are quite black and white. They’re either angelic like Snow White, or despicable like the Wicked Queen. Rarely do you find characters that live in the grey area, and one such creature is the Leprechaun!
Believed to be the child of an evil spirit and a fairy, Leprechauns are officially shoe makers who spend their spare time playing pranks. Oh, and that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Well, it belongs to them!
If you’d like to have your very own Leprechaun with you, we’ve got just the thing you need – a Leprechaun Popsicle Stick Craft, perfect for St Paddy’s Day and any day after that!
St Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Popsicle Stick Craft
List of Supplies:
- Green Popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- Craft paper in black, green and tan
- Glitter paper
- Red cupcake liner
- Googly eyes
- Markers, Pencil and ruler
- Scissors and glue
How to make the Leprechaun Popsicle Stick Craft:
1. Start by getting the pieces ready. Cut out the following shapes – hat from green paper, rectangular strip from black paper. circle from tan colored paper and a hollow square from glitter paper. Cut out about 1/3rd of the cupcake liner as shown in the image below:
2. Assemble the hat first by sticking the black strip on the green hat, followed by the hollow golden square in the middle.
3. Next is our Leprechaun’s face. Stick the cupcake liner piece behind the tan circle, so that it looks like a beard.
4. Get the green hat from the earlier step and fix it on the Leprechaun’s head with glue.
5. Stick on a pair of googly eyes in the right place on the face.
6. Time to add some details! Use the colored markers to draw eyebrows, nose, a smile and even freckles.
7. Now stick the Leprechaun head on the Popsicle stick. Let it dry.
8. Make as many Leprechauns as you like!
Isn’t this a super easy craft to make? Now you’ll have your own personal prankster every day! You may also enjoy making this Leprechaun hat, so you can turn into one yourself!