This Easy Printable Frankenstein Bookmark makes for a cute gift for friends, or a fun little non-candy treat to put in those trick o treat bags!
In all the stories we read, hear or watch, the hero is often the main protagonist and the one who earns all our love and support. Very few of us spare a thought for the villain of the piece, and we never consider the fact that perhaps, he or she is not really evil; just badly misunderstood!
It’s a similar story for Victor Frankenstein‘s monster, who has come to be known by the name of the maker, Frankenstein. The nameless monster was rejected for no fault of his own, watched his mate die, and had nothing to look forward to besides a lifetime of loneliness. Not a happy space to be in!
Well, that’s the reason Mary Shelley’s novel about the Frankenstein monster is still so relevant. It makes us think about what a person really needs in life – companionship, love, and kindness. And this applies to every person on this planet, no matter who they are or where they live!
So today, we bring you a lovable version of the monster, with a cute little Printable Frankenstein Bookmark for kids to make. This is a fun gift to give your friends this Halloween, as well as a healthier alternative to candy when stuffing those treat bags!
Printable Frankenstein Bookmark for Kids
- Printable of the Paper Frankenstein Bookmark
- Black marker
How to make the Printable Frankenstein Bookmark:
1. Download the Printable Frankenstein Bookmark template and print it out. The template contains parts of Frankenstein, including his head, hair, arms, shirt, pants, sleeves, shoes, and of course – the screws for the sides of his head!. Trace the printouts on colored craft paper and cut out all the parts.
2. Once you lay out all the parts of the template, it’s easy to see which piece goes where. Let’s start by assembling the head – simply glue the hair on top of the head.
3. Take out your black marker and draw some features for our Frankenstein – remember, we want our Printable Frankenstein Bookmark to look friendly! While you’re at it, use some glue to attach the screws to his head.
4. Stick the sleeves on his arms so his hands are visible.
5. Frankenstein needs his clothes, so let’s get them ready! Stick the shoes at the bottom of the pants, and the purple stripe on the middle of the upper body.
6. Stick the shirt on top of the pants and you have an outfit!
7. Our Printable Frankenstein Bookmark is coming together nicely! Stick Frankenstein’s head on top of the shirt.
8. Take the arms of the Printable Frankenstein Bookmark and attach them to the shirt, making sure to stick on the back.
9. When attaching the hands, take care to apply glue only on the upper portions. The lower part of the arms and hands should be free. That’s it – your Printable Frankenstein Bookmark is ready!
10. To use Frankenstein as a bookmark, slip the edge of the page between his arms and his body. There you go; now your page is nice and snug between his arms!
You can use this Printable Frankenstein Bookmark with any book of your choice, although we do suggest something a little spooky for this time of the year! Did you know that other novels like ‘Great Expectations’ and ‘The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde’ are inspired by Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein? Not surprising, since Frankenstein is considered the world’s first sci-fi novel! Go ahead and have some fun learning more about how the novel became popular, and don’t forget to share this craft with your friends!
If you enjoyed this, you’ll also like these bookmark crafts: