Who doesn’t love a cute hippo? They’re pretty cute, especially the purple ones! For this month’s Craft Challenge the theme was Crafting with a CD. So we re purposed an old CD and turned it into a cute Hippo. Use it as a puppet, to teach Alphabets or as a prop to teach about animals in Africa!
Recycled CD Hippopotamus craft
Its so easy to make and gets ready in under 10 minutes.
Supplies –[ The Material list contains affiliate links to amazon.com]
Download our free Printable
Check out our other free printables from our Freebie Page
To make our Recycled CD Hippopotamus craft –
- Wipe the old CD clean of any dust or stains
- Cut out the pieces from the template and use as stencils
- Cut out the Nostrils from black felt using the stencil
- Cut out the eyes from white foam.
- Using black markers, draw the eye balls.
- Cut out the teeth out of white foam
- Cut ears & mouth from purple felt.
- Using Tacky glue, paste the mouth at the center of the CD being careful to cover the CD hole completely. In our video, I used Hot glue Gun to speed it up. But tacky glue works just as well.
- Now stick on the ears.
- Next comes the Teeth. Lift the mouth slightly and place the teeth underneath the purple felt snout
- Next stick the nostrils as shown in the pic.
- and finally the eyes.
- You can also optionally attach a stick or a paper straw at the back to use it as a prop.
Recommended from Amazon.com [ Affiliate]