Let your hero know that he’s a superhero – with an Easy and Fun Super Dad Puppet! This is the perfect Father’s Day Craft for Kids of all ages.
During the pandemic, there was a story of a Dad, whose kids were upset about not being able to go back to school. So he sent them out with their school bags, and then opened the door and welcomed them as if they were coming to class. He took great pains to make the kids feel good, and he has created a memory they’ll treasure forever!
Dads do so much for us, don’t they? They’re the ones who always have our backs, and protect us against everything -sometimes even from Mom! Yes, there’s no doubt about it – Dads truly are superheroes!
However, somehow, the attention tends to go toward Moms, especially when the baby is born. Flowers arrive for the Mom, and everyone hovers around her and brings gifts and treats. Poor Dad gets relegated to the background, although he’s working very hard too, even if it’s behind the scenes!
So today, we’re going to let Dad know how much he means to us – with an easy and fun Super Dad puppet! It’s a cute, customizable craft that can be changed to suit Dads of all shapes and sizes. You can also customize the outfit, adding checks or stripes, if that’s what the Dad in your home prefers!
Easy and Fun Super Dad Puppet
- Colored craft paper
- Glue stick
How to make the Super Dad Puppet:
1. Download and print the Super Dad Puppet template. The template includes the face, cape, hair, shirt, pants, mask, hands and shoes.
2. Trace and cut out all the parts of the template on craft papers of appropriate colors. We’ve used black and brown for the hair, shades of brown for the face and hands, red for the cape, and blue for the shirt and mask. You can mix up the outfit colors any way you like.
3. Stick the hands on the sleeves of the shirt and attach the shoes to the pants.
4. Cut a wavy slit in the hair piece, making sure not to cut all the way. Insert the face into the slit so it looks like the picture below.
5. Stick the mask on the face. Now it’s time to have fun with the features! Draw eyes, nose and a mouth with a black marker. You can add additional details like a beard or moustache.
6. Attach the shirt to the pants. Your Super Dad is almost done!
7. Stick the head on the shirt, so that the face is in front and the hair rests on the back. You should get a head that looks like its resting naturally on shoulders!
8. It’s time to turn our hero into a super hero – and there’s only one way to do it – with a cape! Stick the cape on the back of the shirt.
9. It looks complete, but there’s one tiny thing missing. Yes, it’s the Super Dad sign!
10. What we love about this craft is that you can make Super Dads of any ethnicity, skin color, hair color or even hair style!
Most Dads I know are great fans of either Marvel or the DC universe, and they’ll absolutely love this super Dad puppet the kids make for them! If you want some more ideas, check out our list of Superhero Dad crafts, Make his day special by pinning this DIY rosette, giving him a handmade gift, and treating him to his favorite dish. Make this Father’s Day a special day he’ll remember forever!
Which date is International Father’s Day?
Father’s Day 2023: June 19. In most parts of the world, including India, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June. This year, it falls on June 19
In 2023, Father’s Day falls on the 18th of June.
Who started Father’s Day?
Sonora Smart Dodd of Spokane, Washington, is usually credited for originating Father’s Day. She is said to have had the idea in 1909 while listening to a sermon on Mother’s Day, which was emerging as a holiday.
It’s time to unleash your kids’ creativity and show their amazing dads some love with our set of four free printable Father’s Day bookmarks.
Get ready to celebrate Father’s Day in the most engaging and memorable way possible. We have just the thing for you—a set of six incredible activity mats designed to make this Father’s Day truly special!
Check out more crafts