- Tissue paper
- Wooden clothespin [or hair pins ]
- Tempera colours
- Paint brushes
- Fold a big tissue paper into half. Draw and cut a butterfly. Your kitchen roll will do. Make sure that a wooden clothespin fits just right when clipped at each butterfly’s center section.
- Place some water colors or ready to use tempera colors on a palette.
- Put a few drops of red on a butterfly and then add a few drops of blue. Watch as the two colors blend together.
- Let the butterfly dry completely. Do not move it.
- Make the butterfly bodies by painting a wooden clothespin.
- Clip the painted clothespin at the center of the butterfly.