Tissue paper butterflies
Lil P is back.. and our craft series continue.. Now that shes 3, I’ve started off on crafts that she can do with as little help as possible.. This is what we did yesterday.
Tissue paper butterfly
- Tissue paper
- Wooden clothespin [or hair pins ]
- Tempera colours
- Paint brushes
- Fold a big tissue paper into half. Draw and cut a butterfly. Your kitchen roll will do. Make sure that a wooden clothespin fits just right when clipped at each butterfly’s center section.
- Place some water colors or ready to use tempera colors on a palette.
- Put a few drops of red on a butterfly and then add a few drops of blue. Watch as the two colors blend together.
- Let the butterfly dry completely. Do not move it.
- Make the butterfly bodies by painting a wooden clothespin.
- Clip the painted clothespin at the center of the butterfly.
Try it out and do share the pics! 🙂
Aww those r beautiful 😀
Gr8 creativity girl! U wil be famous for these one day 🙂
Hw ws Lil’P’s vacation? She is all excited and telling u so many things is it?
That was a cool way of bringing out some creativity! Surely guide my nephews to do this over the weekend 🙂
D is going to be very happy, not sure about her mom though as she would be guiding the process
Hehehe, wicked grin
Very very pretty! Amazed at your spontaneous ideas. GREAT!
@Swaram: Lil P had a great vacation.. her health has also improved*touchwood* Now she looks like a normal 3 year old.. before she left I was really worried abt her health.. Grannies touch is always magical! 🙂
@Mohan.. ask them to try it out n don’t forget to share their work of art.
@Lohit: Why is it D’s mom’s work?? 😉 U can do it too.. Don’t forget to share the pics.
@EC & AJ- 🙂 thanks. We loveeeeeee butterflies
@Lostworld : Next time u have a meet with kids, let me know too. I could teach them some simple painting ideas..
I agree. Grandparents somehow work wonders for kids 🙂
The butterflies are awesome. 🙂
Lil P rocks:) That was a beautiful butterfly!!
They look lovely. What are tempera colours?
@Meira- Yup 🙂 the 15 day break was good for all of us.
@Athivas – Welcome here.. Lil P rocks! yah! but what abt her mom ?? 😉
@Priyanks – ready to use acrylic colors which don’t need water or any medium to dilute.. if u are using awter colors make sure they are not too dilute
lovely ..will try these
@junius: Thanks and welcome here
@swati: Do share the pics.
Thanks Shruti..I’ll let you know. I’m sure the kids would enjoy it.
awesome stuff there!! 🙂
they look gorgeous!
they are awesome. i am going to replicate these for lil A’s room:)…a question how did you make the black thingies attached to the wooden clips? is it thread? or rolled up paper?
@Sharon: Its black wool. 🙂
Its a unique idea..great job..good going