DELICIOUS BLACK AND RED BEAN BURRITOS
We bring to you the Yummy Tummy Feature of the week with our Guest Blogger – Nidhi Jain.
Black & Red kidney bean (Rajma) Burritos
Whenever I think of healthy food that my kids love to eat, this Black & Red kidney bean (Rajma) burritos always come to my mind. These are a complete meal in itself. There is whole wheat roti/ wrap, lots of salad and rajma in it. Healthy, Delicious and kid friendly.
For the wraps (roti):
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (makes six wraps)
- ¼ tsp salt
For Black & Red kidney bean filling:
- Soak 1 cup of red kidney beans in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Combine with 1tsp salt and pressure cook for 20 minutes till the beans are soft.
For salad mixture:
- 2 cups chopped raw vegetables (cucumbers, tomato, onions and capsicum)
- ½ cup corn kernels (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp oregano
Mix all the ingredients for salad mixture in a bowl. There is no hard and fast rule. You can use whatever vegetables your kids may like. You can use carrots and cabbage also in winters.
To make burritos:
- Mix salt to the flour.
- Make a soft dough with water.
- Knead the dough and keep it covered for ½ hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Make 6 regular whole wheat roti/ chapatti.
- Roll out each portion using rolling pins with the help of little flour.
- Cook lightly on both sides on a griddle (tava).
- Take a roti/wrap and apply tomato ketchup, cheese spread/mayonnaise and some mustard sauce to it.
- Now add some rajma and salad to it. Roll it and enjoy.
Nidhi is a mother to two lovely boys. After becoming a mother she realized how important and how difficult it was to feed nutritious food to kids. She believes if food looks tempting, kids will eat their veggies. Each and every recipe that she posts are approved by both my kids. That’s her USP. She can be reached at
Blog – http://whatscookingmom.in/
These wraps are so delicious and healthy. I prepared them today. Thank you so much!!