We bring to you the Yummy Tummy Feature of the week with our Guest Blogger – Nidhi Jain.
Black & Red kidney bean (Rajma) Burritos
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (makes six wraps)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak 1 cup of red kidney beans in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Combine with 1tsp salt and pressure cook for 20 minutes till the beans are soft.
- 2 cups chopped raw vegetables (cucumbers, tomato, onions and capsicum)
- ½ cup corn kernels (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Mix salt to the flour.
- Make a soft dough with water.
- Knead the dough and keep it covered for ½ hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Make 6 regular whole wheat roti/ chapatti.
- Roll out each portion using rolling pins with the help of little flour.
- Cook lightly on both sides on a griddle (tava).
- Take a roti/wrap and apply tomato ketchup, cheese spread/mayonnaise and some mustard sauce to it.
- Now add some rajma and salad to it. Roll it and enjoy.