This Adorable Felt Fox Craft for Kids makes the perfect gift for your special someone this Valentine’s; as a bag charm, ornament or anything you like!
Valentine’s Day is coming up and you’re probably wondering what to gift the special people in your life. You’re probably tired of the usual Valentine’s Day gifts – chocolates, teddy bears, heart shaped balloons and the like. This year, you want something unique, something that’ll really make them go, ‘Awww!’
Well, in that case, the best thing you can do in these pandemic times is to make something yourself – that is sure to be 100% unique and not available in any store around the world! But if you think your crafting skills aren’t that great and need something simple but still impressive, don’t worry – we’ve got just what you need!
Presenting our adorable felt fox craft that even kids can make themselves! All you need for this are basic sewing skills, some pieces of felt and the printable template. With these basic supplies, you can make your special someone a super cute gift that’s sure to melt their hearts and make them love you even more than they already do!
Adorable Felt Fox Craft for Kids
- Felt fabric in different colors
- Cotton or felt scraps
How to make the Felt Fox Craft:
1. Download and print the felt fox template. The template includes base, head, lower body, tail, tail tip, inner ears, face, nose, belly and cheek patterns.
2. Trace and cut out the template patterns. Use felt in appropriate colors for the different parts – orange or brown for the base, head, lower body and 2 tail patterns; white or cream for the belly, tail tip, inner ear patterns and the face; black for the nose and pink for the cheeks.
3. Stitch the inner ears in the middle of the ear parts of the head.
4. Stitch the belly on the bottom side of the lower body.
5. Stitch the face on the bottom of the head pattern.
6. Use black thread to stitch the eyes on the face. Stitch the nose on the upper-middle part of the face. Stitch the cheeks on either side of the face, in line with the lower edge.
7. Stitch the tail tip on any one of the tail cutouts and then attach both tail patterns together around the sides.
8. Place the lower body pattern on the bottom of the base cutout and stitch the bottom sides of both pieces together.
9. Insert a cm or half of the bottom side of the tail pattern on either side of the base and lower body pattern. Stitch that side of the pattern to join the base, lower body and tail together. Place the head pattern on the top part of the base pattern.
10. Stitch around the side of the head to attach it with the base and the lower body pattern. Keep a small opening on a side of the lower body while stitching it. Stuff the felt fox pattern with scrap felt or cotton through that small opening.
11. Close the opening to secure the stuffing. Cut out a small strip of felt and tie it around the neck of the felt fox plushie to make a scarf. Attach a small ribbon loop on the back of the felt fox craft to use it as an ornament.
Isn’t this little felt fox craft super easy to make? The only stitches you need to know for this are a basic running stitch and a blanket stitch to stitch around the edges. Small felt plushies like these make a great alternative to huge teddy bears, especially since you can easily turn this into a bag charm or ornament and carry it around with you! If you liked this, you may also enjoy our Valentine owl plushie, a stuffed felt heart, a cute cat plushie, a stuffed llama or a pretty felt flamingo. Make ask many as you like and spread the love around!