Alien Stick Bookmarks for Halloween + Free Printable Template
Keep track of your Halloween reading with these cute Alien Stick Bookmarks! Super easy to make & a great way to celebrate Halloween at home!
So have you made your plans for Halloween? Maybe you’re spending Halloween at home this year, or you’re having a socially distanced trick or treating in your neighborhood. Whatever the case may be, one thing’s for sure – we’re all going to be spending way more time at home than usual!
Since most kids are having virtual classes, they’re already spending loads of time in front of the screen, and it’s the perfect time to encourage some screen-free entertainment – like reading a book! And since it’s Halloween, why not go for something that’s apt for the season? Or check out our list of Mom-recommended books and pick from those.
So we’ve picked out our books – what next? A bookmark to hold our place, of course! While you can use any style, it’s way more fun to use a Halloween-themed bookmark, and today, we’ve got just what you need! Here are some super easy alien stick bookmarks which you can make and customize in any way you like!
Alien Stick Bookmarks for Halloween
- Colored craft paper or card stock in different colors
- Craft sticks in different colors
- Glue stick
How to make the Alien Stick Bookmarks for Halloween:
1. Download and print the free printable template. Cut out the various parts. The template includes alien bodies, arms, legs, antennae and eyes.
2. Trace the template parts on colored paper or card stock. You can go with a common color theme for a single alien, or mix up the colors. Use white for the eye circles. Cut out the traced parts for one alien at a time.
3. Stick the arms and antenna on the alien, taking care to stick behind the body so the ends are not visible from the front.
4. Stick the feet in the same manner, applying glue at the back of the body. Stick the eye circle in the front.
5. Use a black marker to color in the eye pupil as well as the mouth. You can also add some shadows with colored markers. You can also add more features like teeth and a tongue.
6. Okay, the alien is ready – time to turn him into a bookmark! Stick the alien on top of a craft stick with a strong glue.
7. That’s one alien done! Time to put together the other aliens – just follow the same steps you did for this one. Stick together the various parts to the body, stick on the eyes and then stick the entire alien on a stick.
You know what the best part about making aliens is? There’s not wrong way to make one! You can get as ridiculous or creepy as you like and make your alien with any number of limbs or eyes or teeth. In fact, the quirkier your alien, the better! We’ve gone with monochrome aliens, but feel free to mix up colors so you have rainbow aliens too.
If you enjoyed this alien craft, we’ve got some more that’ll rock your boat. Check out our plastic egg aliens, cardboard roll aliens, quilled paper spaceship craft or alien ship paper craft. Looks like you’re all set to enjoy your socially distanced Halloween this year!