Just like any other (nearly) 3 year old, Lil P would rather spend her time in front of the “idiot box” than get involved in any other activity .. It requires constant innovation to keep lil P busy with something that is mentally stimulating.
One of the most powerful ( and inexpensive) tool to aid me in this mission of mine is art .. Simple supplies like coloured paper , paper plates , glue stick , scissors, cotton, vegetables turn into exotic child art.. have a look at some of the things lil P made with some help..
1. Take an A4 sheet, draw a tree [ parents need to do this]
2. Take a ridge gourd , cut out a 3 inch piece from 1 end.
3. mix some watery mixture green water color
4. press – make leaves of the tree
5. cut some mangoes out of yellow paper .. we used chart paper .. and stick on some mangoes..
Fun isn’t it??
Few more simple techniques used below – take a printout of a lion on an A4 sheet.. Or use crepe paper / sand / cotton to make interesting sticking activities.. 3 year olds love it!!
How about making a rocking horse??? color a printout of a horse .. cut out the horse .. fold a paper plate in half and paste the horse midway on it.. Voila! your rocking horse is ready!
Colour a paper plate with brown stripes .. cut out a hole in the center .. n stick it to make lion’s mane..