“I will put my rainbow in the clouds to be a sign of my promise to the earth.” Genesis 9:13
To make Paper Plate Noah’s Ark Craft
- 1 Paper plate
- Foam cutouts – various animals with sticker backing
- Brown sticker paper
- Tempera paints (poster colours) in rainbow colours
- Black marker
- Trace an arc shape using the paper plate on the brown paper.
- Cut the brown paper into a semi circle. You can also , cut one of the paper plates and let your little one paint both pieces brown. (NOTE: You don’t want both sides to be the exact same size…so don’t cut in half…this is so that you can have two levels on your ark! If you only want one level, you could just use one half plate.
- Colour the paper plate in rainbow colours starting from the outer edge. Paint a rainbow on the top 3/4 of the plate.
- Let it dry completely
- You can print animal cutouts . (NOTE: scale the animal cutouts down when you print them so that they would fit onto the ark!) Once you have finished cutting, let your little one color their animals or use foam animal cutouts which we got it from Singapore. There are lots of animals to choose from. I let my e kiddos decide which animals they wanted on their ark. Add them in pairs.
- Paste the arc ( brown paper arc) at the bottom of the plate
- Using black markers add details
Have your children make this adorable paper plate ark to reinforce the Bible lesson. Your children will enjoy acting out the story using miniature animals.