Hedgehogs may be prickly, but not this Cute Heart Hedgehog Craft for Kids! Use it on top of a card, on a gift or turn it into a bookmark!
There are some animals that are just inherently cute that you don’t mind if they come with spikes or sharp teeth, and one such animal is the hedgehog! Yes, they’ve got spikes that look rather painful, but they’re oh so adorable too!
If you thought that woodland animals like hedgehogs are more appropriate in Fall, that’s not true! Today’s little guy, for example, is great throughout the year – whether it’s Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or any other special day to show your love!
The best part about this craft is that it’s super easy to make – all you need are basic craft supplies like craft paper, scissors and glue. What’s even better is that you can use this in multiple ways too – you can even create multiple hedgehogs and turn them into an adorable little banner!
Cute and Easy Heart Hedgehog Craft for Kids
- Thick craft paper or card stock in different colors
- Black marker or Sharpie
How to make the Heart Hedgehog Craft for Kids:
1. Download and print out the template for the heart hedgehog craft. The printable template includes the hedgehog spikes, the body, the ears, nose, arms and hearts.
2. Cut out the printable parts and trace them on to craft paper in the appropriate colors. Use dark brown for the spikes, light brown for the ears, nose and arms, and pink for the ears. You can use bright pink or red for the hearts.
3. Get the hedgehog’s face ready by sticking on the ears and nose on the top part of the body.
4. Stick on the arms on either side of the body. Make sure to leave the front parts of the hands free, and apply glue only on the outer edges.
5. Stick the hedgehog body inside the spikes cutout.
6. Complete the hedgehog by drawing in eyes and a smile with the black marker.
7. Insert a red heart in the hedgehog’s hands and you’re done!
Isn’t this guy the cutest way to send across a heart felt message? Yes, that’s what that little heart in his hands is for! If you liked this heart hedgehog craft, you may also like some other messengers of love, like this adorable heart gnome, a heart fox Valentine craft or a cute Sloth Valentine craft. As they say, love comes in all shapes and sizes!