Add a heavenly touch to your Christmas decorations with this cute little Felt Angel Christmas Ornament. Make them in different colors to gift or keep!
“Angels are like diamonds. They can’t be made, you have to find them.”
When meeting certain people, have you ever felt like they couldn’t be from this world? Maybe it was that beautiful smile, or a face glowing with hope, but they make you feel like you’re with a celestial being – an angel!
Yes, I think we’ve all had experiences like that, as well as those of the opposing nature! Coming to Christmas, you can’t have it without angels. It is said that angels announced the birth of Christ, which is why Christmas trees are topped with either a star or an angel. And I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of the popular carol, “Hark, the Herald Angels Sing!”.
Well, we’re feeling all angelic today, and you’ll feel the same, when you see our cute little felt angel Christmas ornament craft! This is such a pretty handmade ornament that you could show it to someone and they wouldn’t believe that you made it yourself!
Felt Angel Christmas Ornament Craft
List of Supplies:
- Printable Template
- Felt fabric
- Needle and thread
- Pencil or pen – for tracing the template
- Pink highlighter pen
- Hot glue gun
How to make the Felt Angel Christmas Ornament:
1. Prepare the patterns from the given template. You can customize the size of the template patterns if you want to. The template includes 1 base pattern (the back side), 1 dress, 1 head, 1 hair pattern, 1 bow, 1 heart and a pair of wings.
3. Prepare needle with black thread and use black marker pen or pencil to trace simple face details on the head cut out. I drew the eyes and lips. Do back stitch along the traced details. Use pink highlighter pen to draw 2 blush patterns on both cheeks of the angel.
4. Lay out the base cut out, the dress, head and the hair pattern.
5. Place the head on the base, by matching the sides of the head with the sides of the base.
6. Now place the hair and the dress on their places. The base pattern has matched sides for each patterns (head, hair and dress), so that the items can be placed perfectly.
7. Simply stitch around the sides to join all pieces together with the base. You can do running stitch but doing flat blanket stitch is the best for stitching the sides of felt ornaments.
8. Prepare the hot glue gun and attach the wings on the back side of the angel.
Now attach the bow cut out on the hair and the heart cut out on the dress of the angel. Fold the felt strip and attach it on the top end (back side) of the angel to complete the ornament.
Your cute little felt angel Christmas ornament is ready!
Just look at that face; isn’t it angelic? You could add a halo on top instead of a bow, but I thought the bow looked cuter. Make a bunch of these in different colors and hang them all over your tree. Or you could gift a set to your close friends – and watch them shake their heads in disbelief when you say it’s handmade!