If you love miniatures, you’ll enjoy making this Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Craft! Use them to decorate your mantle or shelf, or gift them to your friends!
“The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money.” When you think about it, this quote is absolutely true. No matter what kind of Christmas tree you have, the true enjoyment of it lies in decorating it together as a family, and everyone sitting around it, drinking hot chocolate, opening presents or simply chatting away!
That’s the reason I don’t believe in the ‘bigger is better’ theory when it comes to Christmas trees. And if you look around, you can see people making Christmas trees out of pretty much anything. Even we’ve made trees out of cupcake liners, quilling strips, card stock, corrugated paper, wrapping paper and even yarn!
Today, we’re adding another cute little miniature to our list – a pipe cleaner Christmas tree craft! This craft will seriously take under 30 minutes to make, and you’ll be tempted to make many of these!
Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Craft
List of Supplies:
- Craft foam sheet in green
- Craft Cone
- Large Bead
- Green and White pipe cleaners
- Pointed craft tool (to make holes)
- Jewel Stickers
How to make the Pipe Cleaner Christmas Tree Craft:
1. Cut out a circle from green craft foam. This will be the base of the tree, so it should be bigger than the bead, on which it will rest.
2. Use the craft tool or any pointed item to pierce a hole in the center of the foam circle.
3. Twist the pipe cleaner around the craft cone, starting from one end. When twisting, make sure there are no gaps, so you get a green pipe cleaner cone when you’re done.
4. Time to assemble the tree! Stick the green foam circle on the bead base with glue. Make sure it’s sturdy – if you like, you can use two circles.
5. Secure the pipe cleaner cone on top of the foam circle, by inserting the end of the pipe cleaner into the hole you pierced in step 2. Stick on the jewel stickers to resemble ornaments. Fix a little star at the top of the tree, and it’s ready!
Can you believe how easy that was! If you use a light weight bead, you can hang this as an ornament – just fix some yarn or ribbon to the top end of the pipe cleaner tree. You can also use red pipe cleaners for a different kind of tree. Or you could add some cotton wool between the green pipe cleaner to resemble snow. There are so many ways to customize these trees – I’m sure you can think of several more great ideas!