Talking about celebrations & home decor one cannot forget the exquisite traditional motifs of Rangoli designs used to decorate the entrances of households . Rangoli is an invitation to Laxmi – Goddess of wealth. It is traditionally done near the entrance using powdered rice, turmeric, stone powder, artificial colours, using grains and cereals, flowers and many other natural material. Just thought I should share simple rangoli designs that anyone can try out and the effect is equally stunning. Here’s
How to Draw a Rangoli in under 15 minutes
- Plastic sieve
- Rangoli powder – Yellow, Red, Purple, White
- Magazine cover
- Transparent cello-tape.
- Assemble all materials at place where you would like to put the rangoli.
- Take the plastic seive and ligtly pour powdered yellow rangoli until the floor beneath is covered by color. Do not touch, Do not shake.
- Lightly shake the seive so as to let all residual powder settle below. pick up the seive & place on a paper at the side.
- Similarly, place the seive on the right side of yellow circle and repeat steps 2 & 3 using color red.
- Continuing in the same fashion, put alternate red and voilet circles around the yellow circle.
- Make a paper cone out of the magazine cover and put cello-tape to fix it in place. Add white rangoli powder to it. Cut the lower end to make a small hole. Make sure that hole is big enough to let the rangoli flow freely out of the cone without external stimulus.
- Using your cone, draw outlines to each circle.
- Put dots in the center of each circle, Put muruku like design along the circumference.
- Make your own design within each circle. Or you can choose to leave it blank.
- End it with a swastik in the center.
What do u think? Is it easy enough?? One more coming your way…