How to Make Paper Angel Christmas Ornaments
We love Christmas and the whole festive cheer associated with it. Miss P decorates her Christmas tree every year and waits for Santa to drop her gift. We also write a letter to Santa & post it every year. When she was little, she used to have a lot of nightmares and one of my dear friends had gifted us the book – Angels about different guardian angels and we decided to create Paper Angel Christmas Ornaments to celebrate that book.
Paper Angel Christmas Ornaments
Did you know that angels of all kinds are everywhere? “Some are big, some are tiny. They’re all so bright and very shiny.”
Angels, written by Alexis York Lumbard and Illustrated by Flavia Weedn bring back lots of fond memories reading picture books to Miss P. Within these 14 illustrated pages is a sweet story with beautifully presented bright and colorful pages that give this lyrical and non-denominational picture book a magical quality to share with our babies and toddlers.
Through Angels, readers can experience a world of gentle wonder, beauty, and comfort that makes this a perfect bedtime story. “Angels, angels, always near, protecting you, my special dear!”
We decided to make our own guardian angels
Supply List –
- Patterned origami paper in two sizes – 6×6 & 4×4 inch squares.
- Glue stick
- Large wooden bead
- Pipe cleaner – orange
- Gold sequins
- Sharpies – black & pink
To make, follow the images L- R in each row –
- Assemble all your supplies at one place
- Accordion fold the larger square ( we used a 6×6 inch origami paper in different colors & patterns)
- Fold in half
- Using a glue stick, glue one edge of the folded accordion to form a fan shape.
- Now repeat the same with the smaller square. We used contrasting colors for the wings. Stick the smaller paper fold on top of the larger paper fan.
- Weave a pipe cleaner through the paper and across to the other side and twist in place.
- Bead a wooden bead through the pipe cleaner as shown in the image.
- Twist the excess pipe cleaner lengths on top of the bead to form the hair and then bend as shown.
- Using sharpies, draw eyes, mouth & pink cheeks. Decorate with sequins & gold wire to form the halo.
- Weave a golden metal wire through the pipe cleaner hair to hang the ornament
Liked this post? Don’t forget to pin the image below so that you can access later or use the share buttons to let your friends know.
Flash Bugs Studio – Coco and the little black dress
My Bright Firefly – Paper Bead Angel Ornament
Creative World of Varya – Play Dough and Paper Plate Wreath
Cutting Tiny Bites – Pine Cone Ornaments
Messy Little Monster – Salt Dough Photo Frame
Living Montessori Now – Kid-Made Sparkly Craft-Stick Christmas Tree Ornament
Little Bins For Little Hands – Polar Express Tin Foil Bell
Planet Smarty Pants – Russian Doll Ornament
Free Gift for you – Don’t forget to grab our Christmas Printable pack
What sweet little angels! My daughters love folding paper fans, so this would be perfect for them!
[…] Ornament Little Bins For Little Hands – Polar Express Tin Foil Bell Artsy Craftsy Mom – Paper Angel Ornament Planet Smarty Pants – Russian Doll […]
These are just beautiful!!
Lovely! So pretty. I work with a group of girls who will love this! Thanks! Pinned!
[…] Craftsy Mom :: ANGELS […]
[…] AUTHOR Artsy Craftsy Mom :: ORNAMENT Paper Angels […]
My daughters love folding paper fans, so this would be perfect for them!