Use craft paper in different colors to make this crumpled Paper Flower Mother’s Day Card for Mom! Perfect project for preschoolers and kindergarteners!
There’s something about women and flowers, isn’t there? Few women can resist a beautiful bouquet of blooms, arranged artistically with ribbons and trims! However, there is one particular bouquet that is truly special, more than any professional flower arrangement – it’s the flowers a child gives his mother!
And when those flowers are made by little hands with lots of love, it’s enough to melt anyone’s heart! Our Crumpled Paper Flower Mother’s Day Card is perfect for this, making flowers out of colored tissue paper in a craft project that’s easy enough for the little ones to do.
So this Mother’s Day, make Mom smile with a cute handmade card made from scratch!
Crumpled Paper Flower Mother’s Day Card
List of Supplies:
- Patterned Card Stock
- Plain Colored Card
- Paper doily
- Tissue paper in multiple colors
- Crepe Paper in light and dark green
- Scissors and glue
How to make the Crumpled Paper Flower Mother’s Day Card:
1. Draw an outline of a vase on the patterned card stock with pencil.
2. Cut out the card stock along the drawn outline.
3. Using the pencil, draw a leaf shape on the green crepe paper.
4. Cut out multiple leaves from the crepe paper, cutting along the outline.
5. Cut out small squares from the tissue paper in different colors.
6. Crumple all the square tissue paper pieces.
7. Make pairs of light and dark green leaves. Stick each pair together as shown in the image below.
8. Stick a crumpled paper flower on each leaf pair.
9. Fold the plain card into half, to make a card shape.
10. Stick the vase cutout on the card front.
11. Stick the paper doily on top of the vase. Arrange the flower-leaf combos on top of the doily, placing them so that the leaves point outward.
12. Stick an embellishment or greeting on top of the flower vase.
Isn’t this absolutely gorgeous? And if you’d like to try flowers in something other than a vase, try making these quilled flowers in a basket, or flowers in a watering can. And if you’d really like to impress Mom, go ahead and try making her a lovely Mother’s Day gift that she can actually use!