Ready for spring? Celebrate the start of the season with a lovely Paper Quilled Spring Flower Basket Card that’ll remind you of blooming meadows and birds!
We’ve been on a paper quilling spree here at Artsy Craftsy Mom, and I love how lovely those little quills turn out! The best part is that with a few basic shapes, there’s no limit to what you can create – from snowmen to snowflakes, from turkeys to fall trees, quilling is the perfect round-the-year craft!
And since we’re heading into spring, it’s only right that we use our quilling skills to make something appropriate for the season. And what could be more suitable for spring than a basket full of flowers?
So here it is – a Paper Quilled Spring Flower Basket Card, that’s so pretty, you’ll want to hang it on your wall! If you’re in a place where it’s still cold, this craft will give you some warmth, and if spring has already begun where you live, then you’re sure to be tempted to go out and look at the flowers!
Paper Quilled Spring Flower Basket Card
List of Supplies:
- Quilling paper strips
- White stationary paper
- Craft glue
- Slotted quilling tool
Instructions to make the Paper Quilled Spring Flower Basket Card:
1. Take a 10 inches long quilling strip and coil the entire piece using the slotted quilling tool.
2. Take out the coiled strip out of the tool carefully. Allow the coil to loosen up a bit by itself.
3. Press any one side of the loose coil to form a teardrop shape. Glue the open end of the strip to secure the shape.
4. Similarly create more teardrop shapes. For each flower we’ll be using 6 teardrop shapes.
5. Now take a green colored quilling strip and create a loose coil with it. Press any one side of the loose coil.
6. Press the opposite side of the previously pressed side of the loose coil to form a basic eye shape. Glue the open end of the strip to secure the shape. Create more green shapes like these.
7. Use yellow strips to create semi-loose coils; create one for each flower.
8. Create loose coils with the brown strips. These brown colored loose coils will be used to create the basket pattern.
9. All shapes ready? Take a piece of white stationary paper; gather all the prepared strips and craft glue.
10. To create the flower pattern glue 1 yellow semi-loose coil and then glue any 6 teardrop shapes around the coil to complete the flower pattern.
11. Create other flower patterns keeping the flowers adjacent to each other. I created 3 flowers on the bottom row and 2 flowers on the top row.
12. Glue the leaf patterns in between the flower patterns; Use the brown loose coil patterns to create the basket.
13. You can use small coil patterns to fill the gaps between the flowers and the leaves. Add any other details as you wish. Allow the glue to dry and done!
This is a great project to do on the weekend, and if you have other quilling fans among your friends, you could get together and make it a collaborative project! Try this along with our gorgeous paper flower crafts, recycled egg carton flower craft or the paper cup flower craft. Let’s bring in some blooms and spread some cheer all around!