Here’s a cute Paper Witch Bookmark to keep you company for all your fall reading! Simply print, cut, and assemble – your bookmark is ready!
Why are ghosts always depicted as white? Why are witches always dressed in black? Where do the non-black cats go on Halloween? Why is Frankenstein called ‘Frankenstein’, even though that’s not his name?
Okay, that’s a lot of questions, and I’m sure you’re wondering about the same too! Well, it’s an interesting project if you want to look for the answers to these questions, but you can still have fun without knowing all the answers. Which is quite a good way to describe life in general!
So we’re not going to get into any deep research today – we’re just going to sit back, relax and maybe read a book or two. And it’s going to be more fun thanks to this easy paper witch bookmark craft! We’re not kidding – this is a super-easy craft, that even young kids can do by themselves!
Easy Paper Witch Bookmark for Kids
- Craft paper in multiple colors
How to make the Paper Witch Bookmark:
1. Download and print the paper witch bookmark template. The template contains parts of the witch, including a dress, hat, hair, face, arms, socks, shoes, broomstick, cauldron, and a little black cat!
2. Trace the parts of the template onto craft paper of the appropriate colors. You can use green or grey for the face and arms, and any color for the hair. We’ve gone with a bright orange; you can also make your witch a blonde, brunette, or redhead!
3. Make sure you cut out a slit to insert the witch’s face into the hairpiece. You can use scissors or a craft knife to make the slits.
4. Tuck the witch’s face into the slit on the hair piece. Now it looks like the witch has bangs!
5. Time to put together the outfit for our Paper Witch Bookmark! Let’s start by assembling the hat. Stick the black strap on the hat, and add the buckle in the center of the strap. Stick the shoes at the bottom of the sock pieces. Make it more interesting by drawing patterns on the sock – we’ve drawn stripes here, but you can also go with polka dots or any other motif.
6. Moving on to the witch’s dress, attach the arms to the sleeves using glue. Make sure to apply the glue at the back of the sleeves so that the arms lie loose in front.
7. Your Paper Witch Bookmark is coming along nicely! Stick the socks and shoes to the bottom of the witch’s dress.
8. Now, apply glue on the neck part of the dress, and slide it in between the witch’s face and her hair, as shown in the picture below.
9. Time for final details! Take out your marker or sharpie and draw facial features on the witch’s face. You can make her as scary or quirky as you like!
10. Let’s gather the witch’s accessories! Assemble the broomstick by sticking the handle to the broom-end, and cutting a fringe in it. Stick the green potion on the cauldron piece so it looks like it’s bubbling out of the pot. Finally, add facial features for the witch’s cat – you can stick on eyes and a nose and draw in the rest.
That’s it – your Paper Witch Bookmark is ready! What we love about this craft is that you can use it as a bookmark, obviously, but you can also use it as a Halloween-theme play set. You can also add the pieces to a Halloween diorama and create a lovely little scene of what the inside of a witch’s house would look like!
Another fun thing to try would be to trace the pieces of the paper witch bookmark template in different colors, so you have a redhead witch, a blonde witch, and a brunette witch – almost like your very own Hocus Pocus team!