Easy and Fun Papercraft Snail Bookmark Craft for Kids
Welcome spring with a Papercraft Snail Bookmark Craft for Kids! Super fun and incredibly easy – all you need is basic craft supplies & you’re ready!
When you think about traditional beauty treatments, you think of Cleopatra bathing in milk, or Japanese women rinsing their hair with rice water. However, there is another skincare treatment the ancient Greeks indulged in – snail facials!
Yes, the mucin of the snail was a much-sought-after beauty product in ancient Greece. The trend is catching on today, with snail facials becoming a thing in the skincare world! All this is thanks to the humble snail, which most of us jump at the sight of!
Fun Facts about Snails
Besides producing nutrient-rich mucin, these harmless creatures have many other amazing features:
- Snails aren’t bugs; they’re actually mollusks, like clams and mussels
- That tiny snail-mouth can hold up to 20,000 teeth – more than any other animal
- Snails thrive on moisture, so when it gets dry, they take a 3-year-long nap to survive
- Snails used to be the poor man’s last resort for food, but today they are an expensive delicacy
- Slugs are basically snails without their shells
There are many many more fun facts about snails, but let’s first make a cute little papercraft snail bookmark craft – easy enough for young children to make!
Easy Papercraft Snail Bookmark Craft for Kids
- Craft paper in assorted colors
- White Card stock
- Black marker
How to make the Papercraft Snail Bookmark:
1. Download and print the Papercraft Snail Bookmark template. The template includes the parts of the snail, including the body, shell, stripes, abdomen and cheeks.
2. Trace the parts of the template on colored paper and cut them out. We’ve used yellow for the snail’s body and green for the shell, but you could go with any color you like. The rectangle can be traced on thick card stock, for that will be the base of the papercraft snail bookmark.
3. Let’s start assembling our snail! Stick the tummy piece on the front of the snail’s body.
4. Add cheeks to the top of the snail’s body so you can now tell the head from the bottom! Stick the thin stripes on the snail’s shell – this is to give the illusion of swirls.
5. This papercraft snail bookmark is a spring craft, so let’s make our snail reflect that by giving him some happy facial features using a black marker.
6. Time for the grand union – of the snail and his shell! Stick the shell on the snail’s back, applying glue behind the snail’s body.
7. Okay, so now our snail is done, but the bookmark isn’t! Take out the rectangle that you traced on card stock in step 2 above. Turn your snail over and apply some glue on its back.
8. Stick the snail on the top of the rectangle and that’s it! You’re done – your papercraft snail bookmark is ready!
This papercraft snail bookmark is super easy, isn’t it? The bright colors and the cheeriness of the craft make it a perfect project to welcome spring, especially since you may see more of these creatures in and around your home and garden! You can make a bunch of these bookmarks in different color combinations.
To use it as a bookmark, simply place the cardstock base behind the page, and let the snail ‘sit’ on the top of the page. Now you’ll always have a cheerful face to welcome you back to where you left off!
If you enjoyed this craft, you may also like these spring creature crafts:
- Pipe Cleaner Snail Craft
- Ladybug Corner Bookmarks
- Rainbow Caterpillar Button Craft
- Popsicle Stick Dragonfly Craft
- Very Busy Spider and Hungry Caterpillar Craft